Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
I've used the ignore user option in the past but always seem to end up disabling it again as I get dragged into another thread they started and I'm curious to see what nonsense they are spouting this time.

Would it be possible to implement this?

I know that the obvious answer would be to exercise some self control, but it really is difficult not to look at a car crash no matter how much you don't want to see it.

Sorry if this thread is posted in the wrong place - please feel free to move it to wherever you think is appropriate.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
This would be a great addition to talk.maemro.org!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think self control and self 'censorship' is a healthy exercise to one's wellbeing. We need to take responsibility and ownership to more things, not relegate them all to scripts and artificial mechanisms.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
An "Ignore Thread" feature would be useful to me, too.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Oh yes, or a option to only hide it at active topics...

I still like the concept of a no Thanks button to hide selected posts for others... to avoid abuse we should combine this with the Thanks button. If someone finds this post useful the no thanks button won't hide the post. This would be great the reduce the noise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
With newsub showing you threads in subscribed fora, an "Ignore this thread" would be very handy for not constantly wading past threads you regularly ignore.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I agree. I asked for that a long time ago. Not sure how easy/hard it would be.

And ysss: I agree with you in principle, but it would be sooo nice to have the ability to banish some clutter...

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think self control and self 'censorship' is a healthy exercise to one's wellbeing. We need to take responsibility and ownership to more things, not relegate them all to scripts and artificial mechanisms.
While I agree, an Ignore Thread functionality would also be beneficial for hiding them from Active Topics. So it has benefits further than ignoring noise.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Their is a plugin for vbulletin that allows ignore thread. Here is a description of what it does. You wont see the threads anywhere but the ignore thread page in your UserCP. I don't know if Reggie would implement this but if someone wants to start a poll to see how many users would like this option. It would give us something to go to Reggie with.

Description of Plugin:
Adds an "Ignore Thread" option to the thread tools menu and generates a list of threads you have ignored in your UserCP. Basically it allows your users to ignore threads of their choosing, preventing said threads from showing up in forumbit, forumdisplay, and search results.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Well, yes, but once I determined I'm not interested in a topic (not because of abusive behavior, just because I'm not interested), an "Ignore thread" feature would be handy to avoid those topics cluttering the "New Posts" search results.