i think a lot of people have an N900, and for sure, they have money to donate xD

Well, just we can whait if android port becomes 100% real, with camera working, maybe can handle extra camera modes.

The GPU is useless for video recording and would slow things down. The DSP, however, IS used to encode the video.

Probably the source of jitter is lack of buffering on the video input and disk output. MPlayer's mencoder seems able to record perfectly smooth video. however it can't encode realtime and runs out of memory in 10-20 seconds or so..

The lack of input buffering could be due to video being fed directly to dsp in order to offload cpu..

maybe is the software? a bad optimitzation off resources...

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
I think it's bad coding/Bad optimisation of DSP that's to blaim.
And moreover the components are closed so we can't know the real reason's.
Nokia should atleast open the closed source components to community devs.

Defy plays 720p and records full screen but it doesnt record 720p.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
I wish we had coreplayer on N900

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
In the other hand N900 doesn't play neither record HD. The video recorder could be better, the hw has power to do at least VGA 30 fps. (N95 specs) running at only 332 mhs, while even 3+X still drop frames. it is one of N900's various weak points, but still like it a lot. I heard Nexus One got HD recording, before was wvga. But like other post, I would be happy if it could record at least VGA at steady frames.

Originally Posted by xabier View Post
Defy plays 720p and records full screen but it doesnt record 720p.
That's not true, a chinese man make possible the imposible, search on XDA...

Defy is a great phone, doesn't have a good camera but the videos still better than our N900.... with a carl zeiss optics... and all that ****...

however...
I see somewere the nokia can play 720p videos under android, and maemo to... so... the droid can, and y repeat, other phones with the same CPU can... why our n900 can't?

I think the A8-Cortex are same as other phones ( he have the DSP inside right? nokia can't make any change to his estructure ) so i think there is a software/driver problem...

Well, i just can only whait...

PD: excuse my bad english xd

motorola defy has omap 3610 or 3630, n900 has older omap 3430, it's not the same chipset.

i own a defy and n900 and i am on xda, can you point me to 720p recording?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-935142.html

This is the only thread about camera resolution mods.....

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ vancouver washington usa
Stskeeps has probably already been working on some form of this, at least hopefully his crew improves it. MohammedAG could also handle it if he could take time off from all his other improvements to Maemo.