Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Thanks for the report! I'm working on improved BT detection - current version does only detect direct scan results.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hej,

Now, that explains it. Thanks for the heads-up!
While waiting for the improved BT 'When', I simply disable the Situation using it.

The latest version of Situations works like a charm, by the way!

Thank you,

LVPVS out

The Following User Says Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Hej,

I noticed also that Bluetooth audio does not trigger no situaton when 'Audio' is set as 'When'.
It would be cool, though...

Kiitos,

LVPVS out.

The Following User Says Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
I was wondering: will Situations consume a lot of battery? I'm using Schturman's Auto-profile changer now, so there's only a check on time running. Situations based on wifi, bluetooth, cell could possibly cause more battery use?
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I was wondering: will Situations consume a lot of battery? I'm using Schturman's Auto-profile changer now, so there's only a check on time running. Situations based on wifi, bluetooth, cell could possibly cause more battery use?
Thanks!
WiFi and Bluetooth are currently based on scanning the available networks / devices on 1 minute interval. So in general, they do increase power consumption to some degree. WiFi scanning in general is quite efficient however and BT will be improved at least for paired devices in the future. And in some distant future I might introduce an option to adjust the scanning interval and/or to make both conditions fully reactive, which should help the power consumption in some cases.

Cell condition does not really cause any increase since it is not based on polling. Same goes for Time, Accessory & Battery.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also worth noting is that if you combine for example Time condition with WiFi, then WiFi scanning happens only while the Time condition is active. So that way it is possible to limit the impact on battery.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Jolla Store mobile interface seems to clip the changelog, so putting it also here (at least this time):

* Tue Jan 20 2015 2.4.48
- Improved Bluetooth detection
- Improved Launch action application list ordering
- Improved use of wakeup timers
- Tapping notification now launches the UI
- Fixed notification localisation
- Fixed behavior over application restart
- Further updates to EULA allowing multiple installations

* Thu Jan 8 2015 2.4.46
- Fix user reported problems mainly related to notifications, power consumption (high cpu) and reliability
- Improved notifications by showing up-to-date data with rapid changes
- Small update to EULA allowing multiple installations

* Mon Dec 22 2014 2.4.42
- Initial version for Sailfish

EDIT: Any further feedback on the bluetooth functionality is welcome as I have very limited testing capability. Especially it would be useful to know if BT headset works as an audio accessory now (with Accessory condition).

Last edited by hhaveri; 2015-01-20 at 10:01.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Hej,

@hhaveri Thank you very much!

The new version is working like a charm.
It now detects already paired Bluetooth devices.
It also detects Bluetooth headset/headphones as audio accessory. (This way I can differentiate two different Situations in my car: One for hands free, the other for music streaming. Depending on the need.)

I explicitly tested what you asked for in your 'EDIT' with my Nokia J and a Sandberg Bluetooth headset/headphones. Both triggers a Situation as audio accessory, just like the wired headset.

Kiitos,

LVPVS out

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Hej,

Bluetooth-triggered Situations are working like a charm, however; as I noticed they had a huge impact on battery usage. The more BT devices to check the more load it presents.

With CSD tool I saw 50-100 mA increases in average.

I am now using "Audio Accessory" as a trigger instead of BT.

Kiitos,

LVPVS out

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Yes, Bluetooth condition can be a real power hog depending on environment and if used without any other limiting conditions.

Another thing to announce here: Found a bug from the Mobile Data plugin that may crash the app when mobile network is not / has not been in use (at least after sim-less reboot). So it is recommended to update the plugin. Visiting Features page and restarting the app should do it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Question: let's say that I set to have e.g. the timeframe 23:00-06:00 (or when in range of my wifi home SSID) to Silent mode, so I come home and the phone switches to silent mode.
What happens if, because I'm waiting for a phone call, I manually exit silent mode?
Does Situations sees that phone is at home and non-silent and force again to silent mode? Or after a condition has triggered once it won't re-trigger the action again until it detects a change of conditions (i.e. until I leave home and return back, in my example) ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations