Hello. After years of not using my N900 I came across it in my drawer and decided to give it another chance. As I said it has been a few years and things had changed around here. Well long story short - I've tried to reinstall AGTL - advancedcaching and for some reason it removed libxslt. I know it was a part of official Nokia repository which isn't running anymore (I
curse you Nokia for that). I have tried other mirrors but they seems to be down as well plus certificates are gone too. So my question is: is there any way of getting libxslt (or any other lib/program that was part of official repository) to get it installed on my N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to DNA_Splice For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Do you need/want this?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Do you need/want this?
What? libxslt or AGTL? Would like to have both. Can't have AGTL without libxslt.

The Following User Says Thank You to DNA_Splice For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by DNA_Splice View Post
Hello. After years of not using my N900 I came across it in my drawer and decided to give it another chance. As I said it has been a few years and things had changed around here. Well long story short - I've tried to reinstall AGTL - advancedcaching and for some reason it removed libxslt. I know it was a part of official Nokia repository which isn't running anymore (I
curse you Nokia for that). I have tried other mirrors but they seems to be down as well plus certificates are gone too. So my question is: is there any way of getting libxslt (or any other lib/program that was part of official repository) to get it installed on my N900?
Hi,

take a look at here I'm sure you will find what you need (;

jm

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
Hi,

take a look at here I'm sure you will find what you need (;

jm
Thx mate. That helps a lot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA_Splice For This Useful Post:
Thanks justmemory.

I wanted to add it directly but had only Jolla with me and could not upload anything else than documents, pictures, videos, ...
DUMB smartphone

Now from N900 no prob. Maybe DNA will also need xlstproc?

@DNA
I have AGTL and xslt installed on the same N900. So I guess anything else removed it?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Now from N900 no prob.
No problem... Yeah, n900 is still... well, you know... capable of many things that today's phones just can't do

Maybe DNA will also need xlstproc?
I do not know; I linked the "parent" directory because if something else is needed then it is available there somewhere...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Thanks justmemory.

I wanted to add it directly but had only Jolla with me and could not upload anything else than documents, pictures, videos, ...
DUMB smartphone

Now from N900 no prob. Maybe DNA will also need xlstproc?

@DNA
I have AGTL and xslt installed on the same N900. So I guess anything else removed it?
No need for xsltproc. libxslt did the job.
Well maybe you have another app that pulls libxslt coz app manager removed it together with AGTL. I'm planning on reviving AGTL. I will get in touch with geocaching team to get access to API and AGTL maintener to help it with again.

Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
I do not know; I linked the "parent" directory because if something else is needed then it is available there somewhere...
And thank you so much for this. Now I will know where to look for stuff I may need in future. Does it say somewhere about this backup? I couldn't find any info about where to look for stuff from official repository that no longer available.
Thx a lot guys.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA_Splice For This Useful Post:
And thank you so much for this. Now I will know where to look for stuff I may need in future. Does it say somewhere about this backup? I couldn't find any info about where to look for stuff from official repository that no longer available.
Thx a lot guys.
Here are some basics:
- Wiki page
- repository
- Packages
- merlin - you should be very, very, very careful using this repository. You have been warned...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
... I'm planning on reviving AGTL. I will get in touch with geocaching team to get access to API and AGTL maintener to help it with again.
This would be appreciated.
Albeit I would think a version for SFOS would be also nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: