Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Since I now have the red slashed SIM on my N900 my wife has offered up her N900 and a temporary move to a Nokia dumb phone while she waits for a One+ phone.
There is an easy to find option to import contacts from the SIM in contacts on the N900 but I am not finding where to export her contacts to the SIM, am I missing something?
Unfortunately the dumb phone has no bluetooth or even IR so no easy way to jump them over except on the SIM or manually enter them.

Last edited by biketool; 2016-12-13 at 09:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I do not know any tool which can do that. I even do not know if Maemo sscd/csd/... daemons or libsms/libcall/... libraries exports some API for it. Jonwil should know more if it is possible via some Maemo (dbus) API.

But I think it should be possible at least via sending ISI packets (direct communication with modem). Some documentation still exists, see: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94275

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I wonder if something like that could be possible by exporting the contacts into a big vCard file and then use some kind of SIM reader/writer and perhaps a script to save it to a SIM card.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
IIRC notebook's smart card reader can be used to modify contacts or SMSs on SIM card

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
hmmm, I am now on the road or in various hotels for about a week. I wonder if I can write up some sort of usb to SIM bit-bangy interface with a little digispark(attiny85) and some snipped paperclips for contacts; not sure I have anything along to do that.
I will probably read the vcard fies and just plug them in by hand.
I had forgotten the N900 could even read from a SIM, was dissapointed we never got write working.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: