Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Hey, the vote is today.....stock will hit 10 soon!!
Trouble in paradise? Nokia Dongguan factory workers go on strike.

Let's see how this affects everything going forwards if not resolved quickly.

Bring those jobs back to America!

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
'merica!

-via Maemo Talk app

You got no vision bud......long term strategy is not always tied to profits
Is that so?
Then you wouldn't mind investing in me then, right?

All I require is all that you spare, and a reeally long time.
After that you'll get your money back plus interest.
And if you don't, you'll have a blast of a time anyways.... guaranteed!

Don't waste my time, I'm genuine and looking for only genuine visionaries who invest in long term strategies and aren't always focused on the profits.

I'm flattered

Nokia board executed a brilliant move. they made Symbian based mobile division, that was worth 0 dollars, into Windows phone division that sold for 7 billion. for MS, investing into mobile is a long term plan to tie it into their services and start making huge profits.

You're an idiot Lumiaman.

Analyst estimate from 2011 - midway through Elops destruction of Nokia Mobile.

"Here’s a quick sum-of-the-parts analysis. After yesterday’s hair cut Nokia’s overall enterprise value is about $20 billion. The Navteq part of the business (purchased for $8.1 billion in 2008) could get a value of $3 billion (based on about 3x sales) and the value of Nokia Siemens networks could be at $6b (less than 0.5x sales). That makes Nokia’s phone business worth about $11 billion."

That would mean before Elop the Mobile division would have been worth more than that.

Before Elop they could have created a seamless migration strategy for all Symbian customers to an Android device or equivalent - QT migration path for apps for instance and retained all customers and achieved a far far greater return than where they are today with a paltry $7b.

The $7b today is the losers prize.

rgds

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
You're an idiot Lumiaman.

Analyst estimate from 2011 - midway through Elops destruction of Nokia Mobile.

"Here’s a quick sum-of-the-parts analysis. After yesterday’s hair cut Nokia’s overall enterprise value is about $20 billion. The Navteq part of the business (purchased for $8.1 billion in 2008) could get a value of $3 billion (based on about 3x sales) and the value of Nokia Siemens networks could be at $6b (less than 0.5x sales). That makes Nokia’s phone business worth about $11 billion."

That would mean before Elop the Mobile division would have been worth more than that.

Before Elop they could have created a seamless migration strategy for all Symbian customers to an Android device or equivalent - QT migration path for apps for instance and retained all customers and achieved a far far greater return than where they are today with a paltry $7b.

The $7b today is the losers prize.

rgds

When Elop arrived, no one would have bought NOKIA mobile division. Everyone was shedding Symbian and going elsewhere.

So you are an idiot to think that NOKIA mobile division at the time Elop took over was worth anything. It was worth exactly 0, as no one had interest to buy antiquated NOKIA

Not only are u an idiot, but you are stupid too.

When Elop arrived, no one would have bought NOKIA mobile division. Everyone was shedding Symbian and going elsewhere.

So you are an idiot to think that NOKIA mobile division at the time Elop took over was worth anything. It was worth exactly 0, as no one had interest to buy antiquated NOKIA

Not only are u an idiot, but you are stupid too.
wow...nice logic. By all accounts, people were moving away from Symbian Before Elop's arrival; however, it was Mr. Elop's handy work to kill it off - full stop. The mobile division WAS still making money - it was only making less before Elop's takeover.

Did Elop make a smart move? Yeah right.... Nokia ended up with NOTHING in the highend(super duper smartphone, costing tonnes of money), NOTHING in mid-range(able to do some nice stuff; but I don't have a 'money-tree') , and NOTHING in the low/bottom of the line(I just want a f##king phone, period, i want it cheap) stuff.

Did you check the Nokia's balance sheets for those years? By the way, NOIKA mobile division was a FEW times larger(in terms of valuation) than the raising APPLE(and its new and shinny iStuff) at the time -- BEFORE Mr. Elop's "oversights".

So, Mr. Elop took a healthy division and turned it to a dump(and taking the entire company with it).

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
wow...nice logic. By all accounts, people were moving away from Symbian Before Elop's arrival; however, it was Mr. Elop's handy work to kill it off - full stop. The mobile division WAS still making money - it was only making less before Elop's takeover.

Did Elop make a smart move? Yeah right.... Nokia ended up with NOTHING in the highend(super duper smartphone, costing tonnes of money), NOTHING in mid-range(able to do some nice stuff; but I don't have a 'money-tree') , and NOTHING in the low/bottom of the line(I just want a f##king phone, period, i want it cheap) stuff.

Did you check the Nokia's balance sheets for those years? By the way, NOIKA mobile division was a FEW times larger(in terms of valuation) than the raising APPLE(and its new and shinny iStuff) at the time -- BEFORE Mr. Elop's "oversights".

So, Mr. Elop took a healthy division and turned it to a dump(and taking the entire company with it).
Symbian was healthy in 2010?

Lumiaman, not sure why you feel the need to resort to insults.

It is idiotic to think that a company (Nokia Mobile) with 250 - 300 million customers worldwide is worth $0 period regardless of the OS (around 2010)

It is not stupid to think that converting those customers gracefully over to an alternative OS would have been worth far far more than the measily losers prize of $7b after Elop tanked the Company completely deliberately it would appear.

There would have been no need to sell the company to anyone if Elop hadn't been involved and would have provided the shareholders a far greater return

Only you are making selling the Company the primary goal to try to justify where they are today.

When Elop took over Nokia he destroyed Symbian in one move and threw away around 300 million customers, that has to be the most idiotic stance ever undertaken in the history of all companies.

rgds

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha