Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Nevertheless I do hope those two will find to another again!
Originally Posted by xes View Post
For sure (if it was a commercial phone) we could not receive any progress information or any notice of inter-company fight to decide specs and detail.
BTW. There is no clash, quarrel, fight or however you want to name it, between Joerg and Nikolaus. This wasn't a "rage quit", it was just that we couldn't find a way to operate in reasonable way given the current state of things (GDC holding money and us technically working for GDC).

It may even turn out that Nikolaus will continue to work on this project, just on different rules. We just came into a dead-end where refunding the money became necessary. We tried to avoid that, as it's obviously a great risk for the project, but we simply couldn't anymore.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
So I'm waiting for the things to come.
But to be honest the situation sounds still a bit hopeless. Especially because it seems that GDC isn't willing to be part of the project anymore. Even not just as a supplier.

Have to go to bed now and wish you all a good night. Keep the fingers crossed...

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Especially because it seems that GDC isn't willing to be part of the project anymore.
That actually seems like a false impression

See my previous post. GDC had to step out from being an entity that holds the money and liability to customers. Due to us unable to find a feasible approach to transfer the money and customers to entity like Neo900 UG, GDC decided to refund the payments.

We now have to think about the possible ways to continue. We don't have a definitive plan yet, so please be patient.

Last edited by dos1; 2014-05-15 at 21:18.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
@Sebastian:
Please add some very clear info to the neo900 website that prevents any new donors from (vainly) trying to increase the amount of misdirected money until these things are sorted out!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Sorry for silence, it's not ignorance or arrogance or laziness. I simply can't state anything before thinking thoroughly about it. Stay tuned. Might take hours or even a few days. Meanwhile I think we see more options than damage in all this.

and a honest "sorry for the inconvenience!"

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-05-15 at 21:21.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
If this project will really continue and the other means of collecting money will be set up, would it be possible to just give in some way GDC permission to transfer the money directly to the new fundraiser? I am lazy just want to skip my part (as this device is still my dream one and I will happily sacrifice that little money I paid to support this project even till the very dead end). Besides, I already lost some cash on PLN->EUR conversion, if the money comes back to me I will lose again on EUR->PLN and for the third time on PLN->EUR when donating again...

joerg_rw - I cannot help the feeling that you were putting your very best to glue the team together. You take few weeks off and this kind of catastrophe happens! I hope you will sort things out and be able to continue either with Nicolaus (he seems to be really nice guy) or with whoever is skilled enough to do the task. Good luck!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
If this project will really continue and the other means of collecting money will be set up, would it be possible to just give in some way GDC permission to transfer the money directly to the new fundraiser?
I think that might be possible. To refund your donation, GDC probably needs to ask you on which account you want to receive this payment. When you tell GDC the account data of Neo900 UG account is the one where you want to receive your refund, there shouldn't be major problems on either side. Of course you wouldn't hold any invoice for that donation anymore then. To identify the payment, GDC needs to place some unique ID into the transaction subject and let you know about it. Since you don't have an invoice, you had to trust on your ability and Neo900 UG's promise to negotiate an individual fair price for any products you'd eventually come to purchase from Neo900 UG (I think that price we could negotiate won't differ from what you would have gotten from GDC order), and of course you had to make sure Neo900 UG has a way to correlate your donation to your name, mail addr and nickname etc, by forwarding to Neo900 UG the unique ID of the transaction you received from GDC. Then Neo900 UG can confirm the receipt of the payment to you. Making that unique ID your email addr already, would somewhat simplify the procedure - I don't know if GDC can do this according to your request.

This is a pretty rough thought yet, but we're already pondering what can be done. Thanks for your suggestion/offer and for all the support. Details like VAT etc had to get checked by an expert. I'm not. Stay tuned please. We shouldn't do twice the same mistake to hurry things ;-)

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-05-16 at 03:33.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Problem is, you can't donate to a commercial company without them being taxed.
Unlike tax-exempted NPOs, companies will be taxed on all income.
VAT should only come into play when selling the devices, any commercial company has to charge it.
Probably a Förderverein might be a solution.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Penang, Malaysia
so, if i get it right, gta04 no longer involved and the organization crumbles. so that means, no more neo900? and I'm asking only

Is there any progress with GTA04b07 as well?

Last edited by blood_falcon; 2014-05-15 at 23:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to blood_falcon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
If this project will really continue and the other means of collecting money will be set up, would it be possible to just give in some way GDC permission to transfer the money directly to the new fundraiser? I am lazy just want to skip my part (as this device is still my dream one and I will happily sacrifice that little money I paid to support this project even till the very dead end). Besides, I already lost some cash on PLN->EUR conversion, if the money comes back to me I will lose again on EUR->PLN and for the third time on PLN->EUR when donating again...

joerg_rw - I cannot help the feeling that you were putting your very best to glue the team together. You take few weeks off and this kind of catastrophe happens! I hope you will sort things out and be able to continue either with Nicolaus (he seems to be really nice guy) or with whoever is skilled enough to do the task. Good luck!
I concur with misiak sending the money back will incur a loss and resending it to you will incur a loss...
This is just me personally....but what remains of my donation...somehow...with the least cost incurred... simply transfer it if possible to Joerg ....
if it is necessary to get my consent no prob. send the e-form (or whatever guise it takes) to release the funds to him and I'll click the consent button.
I don't want this incentive/ research deposit to drain away...

I have no problem with throwing more money at the endeavour...
tell me where to send it...

I believe in it...
in the sweat that has been put into it...
in those who are working on it...
and on the FPTF ...
and in this community...

I am unwavering in this view until those who are working on it say it is un-doable.

It isn't time to run around screaming the sky is falling
or say I told you so
or point fingers
or infight
or pull attitude
or ego...
far from it...

It's time to bloody well man up.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: