Hi guys.
First off, I thought I'd start a new thread rather than get this all mixed up in the other XPeria X thread.

So far I have an XPeria X with an unlocked bootloader and I'm following the instructions on the Jolla site.
So far I have installed Emma, and when plugging the USB lead in (while holding volume down button) I'm getting the green light.
But when I start Emma it tells me the device is locked.
I've also tried to install the Google USB drivers but cannot find the "Extras" folder in Android Studio.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Did you remember to enable both USB and OEM unlocking in settings?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Yep. All that is done.
Instructions are not the easiest to follow, the Jolla and Android steps seem to contradict themselves in a lot of cases. Like there's no telling how far you need to go when dealing with the Android side of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
If Emma says 'The phone is locked' you didnt unlock the bootloader yet.

Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and follow instructions for unlocking (needs your IMEI).

To check if you CAN unlock the bootloader

1: In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

2: Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status.

If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can unlock. If it says No, or if the status is missing, you cannot unlock (read: cant install SFOS)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
And there is another thread on this subject, apart from the general Xperia X thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99703

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Why are you using the Emma-thing in the first place?

If you update your XperiaX to the latest android fix by Sony, you can ditch the windoze stuff and flash it directly with fastboot...
That's what I did and installation went like on rails

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
So far I have installed Emma, and when plugging the USB lead in (while holding volume down button) I'm getting the green light.
Did you also try connecting to Emma holding the volume up key to see if some extra drivers installed?

I'm sure that you'll get it sorted but PM me if problems and sure that we can work something out.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2018-01-04 at 14:27. Reason: Addition

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
And there is another thread on this subject, apart from the general Xperia X thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99703
Bootloader's already unlocked, unless installing an update since has locked it again. But everything in developer mode settings is still set up as per instructions.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
If Emma says 'The phone is locked' you didnt unlock the bootloader yet.

Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and follow instructions for unlocking (needs your IMEI).

To check if you CAN unlock the bootloader

1: In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

2: Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status.

If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can unlock. If it says No, or if the status is missing, you cannot unlock (read: cant install SFOS)
Got "Yes" on that one. Like I've explained, it's already unlocked, I remember getting the key and typing it in.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Why are you using the Emma-thing in the first place?

If you update your XperiaX to the latest android fix by Sony, you can ditch the windoze stuff and flash it directly with fastboot...
That's what I did and installation went like on rails
I'll have a look at this some time.