Hi!

Does the backup application in 770 control panel backup the GPE PIM Suite (for example the to do database) data. I could not see any files backed up on the mmc card after backing up but they seem to be invisible as well in the 770 side.

GPE PIM seems to store its data in sqlite db or some such.

--h

Originally Posted by hkokko
Hi!

Does the backup application in 770 control panel backup the GPE PIM Suite (for example the to do database) data. I could not see any files backed up on the mmc card after backing up but they seem to be invisible as well in the 770 side.

--h
The GPE PIM suite stores its data in /home/user/.gpe. It is a sqlite db format.
I am not sure if this gets backed up with the 770 backup utility. Since it is part of the home directory, I would think it would be backed up.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
Hi!

--h
I tried to restore the gpe pim data using N770 backup utility after reflashing new image. It didnīt work. I afraid you can restore the firmware data only, but not data of third party software.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
There was a bug report in bugzilla about this and apparently the problem has been resolved with the latest image. see https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=306

I looked into the backup files just now and the .gpe directory is indeed within the documents.zip file. So it is in the back up. I haven't tried to restore it yet, but it's there it can always be extracted manually when needed.

you can always just backup the .gpe folder manually...

hmmm. filemanager seems not to find gpe files anywhere even though gpe todo data exists within app. how do i find the data to backup

hmmm. filemanager seems not to find gpe files anywhere even though gpe todo data exists within app. how do i find the data to backup
It is in a hidden folder (all folders that start with a period [.] are hidden in Linux). File Manager only sees the folders in MyDocs. You would need to back it up using Xterm or you could create a link to the .gpe folder so File Manager would see it. Henry stated that the new Nokia Image backs up the .gpe folder, so if you are using the latest image, it should be backed up with the Nokia "backup" applet,

Last edited by troubleshootr; 2006-05-06 at 15:09.

Which directory has it. I went to xterminal and looked into usr directory with ls, no luck.

Have to start practicing my unix skills again...

Would somebody post a magic string that would copy a folder from gpe to an external memory card.

I am on the previous image and would like to make backup of gpe stuff before moving to new image.

--h

Which directory has it. I went to xterminal and looked into usr directory with ls, no luck.

Have to start practicing my unix skills again...

Would somebody post a magic string that would copy a folder from gpe to an external memory card.

I am on the previous image and would like to make backup of gpe stuff before moving to new image.

--h
cp -R /home/user/.gpe/ /media/mmc1/gpe

will copy to memory card

Thank you, worked nicely.