Since many links in the "how to" collection are broken, I start a new thread.

I have several questions, since I have experience only in MeeGo and Sailfish but not in Meamo and other linux OSes.

My 1st and most important one. How can I backup/extract full ROM into flashable files which I can use to re-flash/recover in case a device bricks? Is there such an option for Meamo? Eg, does Nokia Infinity Best (BB5) or any other software have such option?

My 2nd question is about drivers. Is there any pc software or other drivers I need to install in order to be able to send and receive files via usb data cable? Eg photos, music, pdf books etc, anything, no system files for start.

Let's see if there are solutions for these questions and I might have some more questions in the future. Thank you in advance if anyone can help!

Last edited by Mivas_Greece; 2021-10-10 at 10:56.

Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Have you installed CSSU on your system? And if I remember right there could be in the repository pc-connectivity-manager to install. Have to say your sentence before the last one sounds like you are speaking to servants or something. Intended?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
What about looking here for flashing files
https://wiki.archiveteam.org/index.p...28Fremantle.29

and for USB connectivity
for Windows you might need 'nokia connectivity drivers' and you should find them on the net
if you are using Linux then just connect

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
What about looking here for flashing files
https://wiki.archiveteam.org/index.p...28Fremantle.29

and for USB connectivity
for Windows you might need 'nokia connectivity drivers' and you should find them on the net
if you are using Linux then just connect
Hi! Thanks for the link, there are various resources from what I see, including a flasher. However, I am not interested in any firmware files, but in safely extracting flashable (anything I can flash it back if I brick it) firmware files from the device without bricking it. I have Windows 7 here only unfortunately... When I plug the device to pc, it automatically installs some drivers, but I don't see the device in the connected drives, so basically I have no access to it with explorer.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Have you installed CSSU on your system? And if I remember right there could be in the repository pc-connectivity-manager to install.
I am sorry but I have 0 knowledge about Meamo, I only had MeeGo and Sailfish from these OSes in the past, I am completely new to Meamo or Meamo-ish Linux OSes in general (as there are many versions and variants from what I understand). If there are still some functional links for beginners, I would be very grateful!

Have to say your sentence before the last one sounds like you are speaking to servants or something. Intended?
What?? Certainly not! I am not sure which part exactly you mean, english is not my native language, so maybe some meanings are different. I am really new to Meamo, so I wrote that let's start with some questions, and if there are solutions and it works, I might continue later with some more questions. This forum is really my last hope...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Can you check from your device settings device and system info what version you have installed.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
Hi! Thanks for the link, there are various resources from what I see, including a flasher. However, I am not interested in any firmware files, but in safely extracting flashable (anything I can flash it back if I brick it) firmware files from the device without bricking it. ...

Those firmware files allow you to flash a fresh* install onto your device, it's all you need really.
Aside from hardware failures (especially the USB port, about which search the forum/wiki), this device is unbrickable if you have the flasher and the firmware.

The wiki** has a great guide here (and it even mentions Windows 7 so your other issue might be answered there).

For backing up existing installs the excellent BackupMenu will let you create images of your RootFS onto your MyDocs partition or SD Card.

*Ideally you'll want to start work of a fresh install to be certain there's nothing malicious on there from a previous owner.

**n900 users are so fortunate to have such a comprehensive wiki and this forum has nearly every question you could ask about it answered 5 times over .
I highly recommend you read through the beginner and power user topics on the wiki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Can you check from your device settings device and system info what version you have installed.
Unfortunately not... I am not certain if the firmware is a bit buggy or unfinished... But in either case, I want to extract it and share it with the community if possible.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Those firmware files allow you to flash a fresh* install onto your device, it's all you need really.
Aside from hardware failures (especially the USB port, about which search the forum/wiki), this device is unbrickable if you have the flasher and the firmware.

The wiki** has a great guide here (and it even mentions Windows 7 so your other issue might be answered there).

For backing up existing installs the excellent BackupMenu will let you create images of your RootFS onto your MyDocs partition or SD Card.

*Ideally you'll want to start work of a fresh install to be certain there's nothing malicious on there from a previous owner.

**n900 users are so fortunate to have such a comprehensive wiki and this forum has nearly every question you could ask about it answered 5 times over .
I highly recommend you read through the beginner and power user topics on the wiki
Hi! Thanks for the links. From what I checked however, I am not sure there is what I need inside there. I will check a bit more of course, but I need any pc tool that can extract firmware just by connecting the device, without installing/flashing etc anything to the device. Eg, like thor2 tool with command line can boot a windowsphone into mass storage mode and then we can use win32imager or any similar tool to dump full eMMC as img file which can be flashed back to the device to recover it. There is no need to do anything to the device in that case.

P.S. Although I have activated instant email notification, I receive no emails when you reply... So I just check manually, but in case I miss something, you can send me a pm (I hope I receive notification in that case)