Does anyone know if I can find a Cairo 1.10 build for Fremantle? (I need it for the newer Gecko) Or does anyone know what the 3 patches included in the Fremantle Cairo 1.8.8 port actually do and whether they are important? (it might be that we can get away with using the in-tree copy of Cairo 1.10 to build the newer Gecko but I can't be sure until I know what the local Nokia-specific changes are doing)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
Does anyone know if I can find a Cairo 1.10 build for Fremantle? (I need it for the newer Gecko) Or does anyone know what the 3 patches included in the Fremantle Cairo 1.8.8 port actually do and whether they are important? (it might be that we can get away with using the in-tree copy of Cairo 1.10 to build the newer Gecko but I can't be sure until I know what the local Nokia-specific changes are doing)
seems 001-cairo-perf-install.patch and 002-cairo-perf-install-makefile.in.patch can be safely ignored (not 100% sure, but looks like), while 003-cairo16bpp.diff should be forward-ported, it seems to add some RGB565 support.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
All i could find was this
http://deriv.debian.net/Maemo/patches/c/cairo/

Might be worth something ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
After looking at the Cairo 1.10 source code, it looks like the CAIRO_FORMAT_RGB16_565 support has been added to there directly and we should be able to just tell Firefox to use its in-tree version of Cairo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: