Notices

RebbleOS preliminary test on a Pebble Time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7jF3eiRud0

Apocalypse cancelled...?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Got a Pebble Time Steel arriving tomorrow

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
My Time 2 was canceled & refunded. Fortunatelly (I hope I found cheap used Time Steel and now it's second week since got it.

Rockpool identifies it as Pebble Time 4707 (it's kickstarter version).

Few things are not working for me, might be due Pebble closing its operations but it's worth asking

I can install watchfaces, but when I choose settings second page open with webling at top and nothing happen. As I don't have android device to test I just assume app should open some settings page from the web. For ie. settings for Mondaine watchface:

If I choose Settings i got this:

Also for settings -- login for active Timeline WebSync account open this:

Since it's Pebble address I assume it doesn't work anymore?

If this is not usual behaviour I kindly ask for some hints how to solve annomaly's.

Running on Jolla C 2.0.5.6, Pebble has latest FW 4.3

Cheers,
b.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
The web settings pages don't work right now because we were using the Jolla browser internal web viewer to display them, and that's currently broken because it's in the process of being transformed into a proper web plugin. Should be able to fix it when 2.1.0 comes out. All the pebble services are still working for a while yet.

I ordered a lovely red/gold PTS from amazon, but it arrived with a dead battery so I had to return it Ordered a black one from someone else instead which should arrive tomorrow, so I'll finally be able to try all these Time features that ruff's been implementing...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Thanks for quick answer

And another question -- WeatherUnderground is mentioned as weather source. If I go to Watchfaces --> Weather --> Settings, page open with message "Loading and connecting", but it seems some error occur as I'm back to home page and with message that watch is disconnected which is probably true as watch vibrate for a momemnt and message change to connected.

Also "normal" behavior?

Anyhow, thanks for all effort put into project. I'm a bit late but still enjoying every bit

I can't answer that until I get my PTS

Good luck with replacement!

Would it be possible to support the Pebble Health watch app? The step counter was really handy.

As far as I know they still didn't release any documentation for the health data coming back from the watch, so I don't think so. Maybe some proper info will come out of the rebble.io project.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Hello all, got shortly ma pebble steel by ebay.
I wanted to congratulate @abranson for your great port job.

I'm glad that i found a discussion line here.
Seems to be not really active in openrepos.

Just want to make a small report for the first contact that i had.
Pebble from package out, rockpool installed and started.
I followed the indication from rockpool to bind it to the pebble.
And i must admit, that i just stupidly follow the indication.
Go to the bluetooth sfos environment and add the found watch.
After that i bound both then i could go further in rockpool app.
And then was just minimal possibilities, but nothing to interact with the watch. I checked all info that i could, i found no firmware info, no interaction with the default functions of the watch, until i have the good idea to activate the internet on my phone.
Then "Sesame open the door !!", i got access to the firmware version, made a firmware update, may install watchface and app.
Works great! i'm happy.

What i noticed that not works is to submit a new language. I tried to submit in parameter section, the french and the german language.
Rockpool has changed its own gui partly in french, but not the watch.
As someone else already noticed the parameters for each apps or watchface don't work properly.

I have the following questions:
1) What is the "Active Timeline Websync account" function ?
2) is that correct that is normally possible to store apps and own app option in an account? Is it this pebble websync account?
3 What are the functions of the "canned messages"?

I already register in weblate and gave a look in the languages translations. And noticed some points to be improved for the french tongue. I made already some suggestions, but i don't know what is the best for it. Submit with the "save" button or "suggest" button.

At last i wanted to make a small suggestion, for the first contact with rockpool and a pebble. Maybe it would be fine to add the suggestion to open a wifi or 3G connectivity near of the one to open the bluetooth manager for managing to pair the watch to the phone. Just for those like me full impacted from the hard stand-up in the morning...

Which you have a good time.
Cheers

Tags
pebble, smartwatch