Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Well my friends,

Using xmodmap, I mapped a hardware key to "|"
Using xmodmap, I mapped a hardware key to "Tab"

USING xmodmap I NOW HAVE RIGHT CLICK........

I made a shortcut, in KDE, I use hardware keyboard, (CONTROL-Z) turrns on and off right click.

I can move the shortcut around, BUT IT WORKS, maybe a little clunky but it works

Oh I am so excited, I will be adding this to the update

It was oh so simple, after banging my head into a wall for hours, it was staring me in the face the whole time.

God, I want to take this moment to thank Linus Torvalds, I love linux....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
export CHANGE=`/usr/bin/xmodmap -pp | awk '{print $2}' | tail -n 33 | head -n 1`
if test 3 = $CHANGE
then
/usr/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3"
else
/usr/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"
fi

I realize you will be looking here for some kind of way to do this, but I dont have a update yet, but I thought you would want to know, and also some people familar with KDE who already have xmodmap will find this info useful right now
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
I am assuming there is no way to use this Right Click workaround with the N800? Or can it be done using soft keyboard?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
Ha thanks!!!

B-E-A-U-TIFUL! That is awesome, Pb! Genius

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Well my friends,

Using xmodmap, I mapped a hardware key to "|"
Using xmodmap, I mapped a hardware key to "Tab"

USING xmodmap I NOW HAVE RIGHT CLICK........

I made a shortcut, in KDE, I use hardware keyboard, (CONTROL-Z) turrns on and off right click.

I can move the shortcut around, BUT IT WORKS, maybe a little clunky but it works

Oh I am so excited, I will be adding this to the update

It was oh so simple, after banging my head into a wall for hours, it was staring me in the face the whole time.

God, I want to take this moment to thank Linus Torvalds, I love linux....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
export CHANGE=`/usr/bin/xmodmap -pp | awk '{print $2}' | tail -n 33 | head -n 1`
if test 3 = $CHANGE
then
else
fi

I realize you will be looking here for some kind of way to do this, but I dont have a update yet, but I thought you would want to know, and also some people familar with KDE who already have xmodmap will find this info useful right now
Would xmodmap allow you to do something like Ctrl+Click = Right Click?

Originally Posted by mooler View Post
I am assuming there is no way to use this Right Click workaround with the N800? Or can it be done using soft keyboard?
well actually I need to do some more testing, but you should be able to map a funtion key, an n800 hardware key to right click on/off.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Please credit also apple2 for this breakthrough!
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=81608&styleid=1#post81608
He had seen the Light in October already, but the Revelation has been postponed 3 months...

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Please credit also apple2 for this breakthrough!
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...id=1#post81608
He had seen the Light in October already, but the Revelation has been postponed 3 months...

Yes he was definetly on the right track, but my question is how do you map F4 to that command? This seemed to be missing from the instructions?

Fortunately, KDE shortcuts come in handy? Not sure how you would do this is maemo?

So I created a KDE menu item to run a script,

swmb.sh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if test 3 = $CHANGE
then
else
fi

Then I can map the menu Item to a key or series of keys, inside KDE.

I was originaly trying to skin this cat a different way, by enabling mousekeys and mapping a key to a pointer button.

But I can not enable mousekeys, xkbset -m, it just doesnt work, I think the keyboard layout missing a num_lock may be the reason it wont enable. If mousekeys works, we should be able to set a (CTRL)+left click = right. But its not working for me

So if someone can figure out why mousekeys wont enable, I would be appreciative, but for now, this works pretty well.

And as someone asked earlier, it will work with the N800, I just mapped right click to a single F5, so you can map it to any n800 F? hardware key, not the escape key though.

I originally had F5 on n810- mapped to "next desktop" I am changing it now to (Shift + F5) = "next desktop", F5 now is set to right click on/off

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
I'm not seeing an F5 on my N810. Onscreen keyboard?
Or is that where the menu key or some such comes up?

I'm wanting to try KOrganizer, but haven't taken the KDE plunge yet.
Sounds like you're gearing up for an updated version.
Would you recommend that I hold off installing?

Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
I'm not seeing an F5 on my N810. Onscreen keyboard?
Or is that where the menu key or some such comes up?

I'm wanting to try KOrganizer, but haven't taken the KDE plunge yet.
Sounds like you're gearing up for an updated version.
Would you recommend that I hold off installing?

Its up to you, it will probably be two weeks or more before updates are ready.

The F5 is the window select key, above the escape hardware key

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, mouse