Poll: Will you be buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab?
Poll Options
Will you be buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

While I do like the tab a lot, I am still not totally convinced yet.
In fact the screen size is a factor now for me. I have a 4.3" screened phone so an upgrade to a 7" device doesn't look that attractive even though I was all for a 7" tab. From the viewpoint of serious computing - I.e. Coding for long periods, long writing and reading, I am thinking maybe a larger screen device (but lighter) may be what I need. Actually I am more confused on this than decided.

Also the current price point is a no no for me. Maybe when a wifi only comes out at cheaper price then. Most probably I will just wait and see for some time.

But Captn is correct, specs itself does not make or break a device. It's what it can do that matters, and I increasingly see the Tab doing quite a few things nicely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
No.

I've played with it in a shop and it's a nice device. I would buy it if it wasn't so expensive..

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by volt View Post
I need a stylus for accuracy. I cannot draw without accuracy. And every Wacom owner in the world will tell you that one of the main features of a tablet is to draw.

If you need a secondary reason to use a stylus: until touch screen phones, it was an universal truth that KEEP YOUR FATTY FINGERS OFF MY SCREEN and you know what? Your fingers still smudge the screen. It's bad for the eyes.
As a Wacom Intuos 4 owner and long-time user, I can assure you that an active digitizer is most certainly NOT a stylus. Active digitizers register only the pen tip and include metrics like tilt/orientation/pressure and even register hovering of the pen above the pad surface. Styluses are just another point on the screen, indistinguishable from any other thing contacting the screen. You can rest your hand on an AD and use the pen as you would on paper. You generally cannot do the same with styluses.

I adore my Wacom. I despise and wish ill-will towards styluses and their kin.

The Tab actually has a Bluetooth Stylus accessory for precision input, though it remains to be seen if it can behave like an active digitizer rather than a passive stylus,

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
No. Too small and expensive.

No. Why? You buy it just because other people buying it?

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
No.

It's overpriced, it has phone OS that doesn't work very well on bigger screen(owners report most 3rd party apps don't adjust to the screen), to me 7" is kinda small screen. Should I mention how I dislike Samsung products in the mobile world?

I agree that hardware aspect of the Tab is pretty good. Although not the same level as Playbook, obviously.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I am a big fan of the form factor and have no doubt that one day I shall have a high quality 7” tablet. ATM I have a SMartQ 7 but the display is pants and is only enjoyable for ebook use
My 5” Dell Streak performs so well and satisfactorily as a phone/tablet that I have no need for an additional device. I think that if I was still using my old Nokia phone or even my iPhone then I would be champing at the bit and popping into Carphone Warehouse desperate for a hands on of the Tab.

If this is interpreted as a testimony to the all round beauty of the Streak then yes, please take it as such.

Once technology moves on to 7” retina displays, Tegra 2’s, multicore cpu’s, maturing of Android/Chrome/MeeGo and so on, then the luxury of having an additional and larger device will likely be irresistible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
If this is interpreted as a testimony to the all round beauty of the Streak then yes, please take it as such.
Streak looks nice, yes, but doesn't it only come with Android 1.6? I was looking at it myself the other day, but I can't quite bring myself to justify switching to it from N900, mostly because of the dated android version and because the screen isn't really that much larger.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
samsung protuct ?
any, ....... , never ! i want to be samsung free, or worst case, almost free.
arguments :
my company had samsung printers . 3 of them overheat and fuser melted pressure roll and welded on heat element.
if you want to give fire of your home go samsung printers.

at least one batch of lcd monitors went to service for switching power
source replacement or main board replacement

so .. never samsung.

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-11-10 at 14:15.

no, its useless, have N900 and a netbook, thats enough for portable needs