I continue to get a crash to the desktop in this case:

1. Create a command event, type Daily
2. Save
3. Close Alarmed, open Alarmed
4. Go to the Daily evenit, change type to Weekly
5. Click on Days of the Week
6. Segmentation fault
Attached Images

If I omit the event name, I get the misleading message I should pick a time in the future even for a daily event. Filling in an event name solves the issue (but I think, an empty name should be allowed - the event description says all I need to know).

Do I need to reboot or do something after installing this?

the alarms never work for me. I set a daily alarm to change profiles, and set the time. When the time arrives, nothing happens.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
This has been reported before, it changes one profile but not the other, iirc. Look back in the thread, I'm on the road now.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mtran66 View Post
Do I need to reboot or do something after installing this?

the alarms never work for me. I set a daily alarm to change profiles, and set the time. When the time arrives, nothing happens.
Are you saying 'alarms' don't work, or profile switching? If the latter, are you using English as the interface language or any other language? Unfortunately, profile switching doesn't work if you're not using English. In that case, you could use tweakr to make your profiles, in which case alarmed will be able to change them, no matter what language you use.
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

The Following User Says Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
yes I mean changing profiles don't work. I'll try tweakr and set another profile change event. i am using english

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Budapest
Hi, I read all pages of the forum because it seemed me like alarmed doesn't really support complex and comfortable cron syntax. I found two persons who missed this feature and I'm missing it also, so I implemented it in function "interpretCronString". In my version you can use */n and n-m like elements and it changes the element to a normal list not to confuse other codes. Here is the diff, please take a look!
Attached Files
File Type: txt alarmed_backend.py.diff.txt (3.0 KB, 139 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hunludvig For This Useful Post:
using tweakr, I am now able to change profiles. thanks for the tips

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
hi guys, I need an help:
I installed syslog app to monitor my system. problem is that I need to delete /var/log/syslog file periodically otherwise my rootfs partition become full and I've to reflash it. So, I wrote a script to do that and I scheduled this script with alarmed. this is my script, called delete_syslog_script.sh in /home/user:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
yes|rm /var/log/syslog
I gave to my script these attributes, following #278 in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=278
downhere a screenshot of my event in alarmed.
problem is /var/log/syslog doesn't be deleted!!
so, since I'm sure my script is ok, I suppose problem come from alarmed.
any idea?
Attached Images

Last edited by maemo.it; 2010-12-21 at 21:13. Reason: more info

Have you set
Code:
chmod +x /home/user/delete_syslog_script.sh
to make it runnable? Also, I'm unsure if it's a good idea to use the /bin/sh shebang. Afaik, you should be using /bin/bash and let maemo's symlink to ash work.
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.