Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Valencia, Spain
Please help! I deleted every bookmark that came with the N900 to start fresh... Before then I would get URL suggestions as I was typing based on my browsing history, but this no longer happens. Does anybody know why? Is it reversible (without reflashing!!)?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to zeze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
I had that problem on my N800. I think what ended up fixing it was when I deleted the profile directory for a different reason. You could give it a try--but you'll lose all your saved settings in the browser (passwords, etc.).

To do this, open the terminal and enter
Code:
cd .mozilla
rm -r microb
(I don't have an N900, but it looks like the folders are the same). Make sure the browser is closed when you do this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baksiidaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
If you mean to say that you no longer get that 'visual history' when you hit the back button on the MicroB browser, I would consider yourself lucky that you figured out how to disable that "feature"

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Valencia, Spain
That did it, baksiidaa! Thank you very much! I must ask... how on earth did you figure it out?

craftyguy, I didn't mean visual history but rather URL (text) listing. I don't find that feature so annoying, but I agree I would remove it if I could.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
That did it, baksiidaa! Thank you very much! I must ask... how on earth did you figure it out?
Glad it worked--makes me feel somewhat useful .
I had to clear my profile folder because of some problems I was having with an add on, and it ended up fixing a few problems I'd been having (the nonexistent history being one of them).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baksiidaa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
Code:
cd .mozilla
rm -r microb
On PR 1.2, I had the problem of not being able to view "Complete Browsing History." Visual history was working fine.

Doing these commands restored functionality.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
I had the same problem. I dont know what i did to break it but following these commands really helped. Thanx man!

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
An just one small thing. I cant say this for every1, but on my browser the passwords didnt go anywhere:-)

Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
... You could give it a try--but you'll lose all your saved settings in the browser (passwords, etc.).
Might.... lose your passwords.