Notices

i am a complete tech newb. and i have never used linux. so to create a mental image, picture a blind man. anyway, i would like to know how to download yahoo messanger to this 770. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Install gaim from here:

http://zeus.rm-fr.net/~skyhusker/mae....5.0-4_arm.deb

Then just configure it to your yahoo account.

awesome,thank you.

Damn, after doing that, when it messanger goes to log on, all I get is a blank screen.

Suggestions?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've never tried Yahoo, but from my MSN experience when setting up the preferences, there are two check boxes without labels. The left-most is to remember password (I believe) and the right-most is to automatically login.

Give MSN a shot and make sure your install of GAIM isn't screwed. I would imagine YIM works in the same manner.

A completely blank screen (assuming it went through the login process) probably means no contacts are online.

Try logging into YIM on your PC and then attempting to do so on the 770. See if your PC instance gets kicked off.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Richmond, Va, USA
The same thing is happening to me. I run GAIM and I know I'm signed on b/c it will alert my mobile that I've signed on in a second location. But all I get is a blank screen, then it freezes my 770 up and I have to remove the battery. Anyone know what gives?