Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Who will buy the current Lumias now?
it's like Meego/Symbian all over again.
One word... nobody.

And they deserve it.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
One word... nobody.

And they deserve it.
The new conspiracy theory going around: MS did this on purpose as some grand plan to buy Nokia for less.

If there is any truth to MS wanting to buy Nokia then that's genius.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Yeah, imagine Ballmer saying to the guys who coined this strategy in Mr. Burns voice: Exceeeeeelent.

All joking aside, tomorrow there will be a murder on the stock market. I'll wait for both OMX and NYSE to close before checking the price, would be too painful to watch otherwise. And boy am I happy that I got rid of their stocks a long time ago...

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
The song "Road to Nowhere" by Talking Heads has to be the theme song in the upcoming commercial for the Windows Phone 8 Lumia's!

Narrator: "Meet the new Lumia, with Windows Phone 8"
[Song Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads starts playing]
Narrator: "Available from October 2012"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKqzayNo4Dk

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Who will buy the current Lumias now?
it's like Meego/Symbian all over again.

"These are the only phones we currently have, they have no real future, but please buy them"

Nokia are going to sink. Recent Lumia customers are going to be annoyed.

Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Yeah, imagine Ballmer saying to the guys who coined this strategy in Mr. Burns voice: Exceeeeeelent.

All joking aside, tomorrow there will be a murder on the stock market. I'll wait for both OMX and NYSE to close before checking the price, would be too painful to watch otherwise. And boy am I happy that I got rid of their stocks a long time ago...

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
The song "Road to Nowhere" by Talking Heads has to be the theme song in the upcoming commercial for the Windows Phone 8 Lumia's!

Narrator: "Meet the new Lumia, with Windows Phone 8"
[Song Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads starts playing]
Narrator: "Available from October 2012"
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
All joking aside, tomorrow there will be a murder on the stock market. I'll wait for both OMX and NYSE
Nokia going down 2.55% (for now) on OMX:

http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com/share...ument=HEX24311

When the costs for the severance packages bubbles up, Nokia will take another sxc hit.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Nokia going down 2.55% (for now) on OMX:

http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com/share...ument=HEX24311
For a moment it went higher than the opening price

I either don't understand the market anymore, or the value is rising because investors expect that Nokia will be taken over while they extract their trapped cash during the outbid for Nokia's portfolio. I really have no other explanation - it's quite evident there will be huge loses for Q2, and they practically won't sell a thing during Q3, so the stock price can only crash completely...

The entire market goes up and down on the EU crisis and China news, so that can reflect on individual companies.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
The entire market goes up and down on the EU crisis and China news, so that can reflect on individual companies.
Let we forget, Nokia was the top cell phone maker in the world not that long ago. I'll bet Google and Apple are terribly worried about the EU crisis and China news effecting their stock this drastically too, right? :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen