Hello, I've been trying to connect my N900 through my laptop (which is running Ubuntu 10.10) through bluetooth to access the internet. It would go this way

N900 -> connected through laptop's bluetooth -> internet access
instead of N900 -> wifi router -> internet access

Is it possible to do this? I've been trying to tell my N900 to connect through bluetooth with pc connectivity manager (and made it connect to "dummy network", it seems to have worked and tries to connect through bluetooth, but my laptop isnt setup), but I'm not sure what to do on my laptop (dhcp server? ??)?

Thanks!

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
It should be possible. I used to do it with my N73 ages ago which had no wifi. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of bluetooth on desktop linux since i used windows.

Why would you want to do that? BT is slow, in real life you rarely get more than 70k/s and it's a battery drain.

I'm running windows xp so im using ad-hoc method to use the wireless internet, but if you want to connect via BT there is Bzeek (google it) it will convert your internet wirelessly through your BT..but of course you will connect to it as a normal wifi..i know you wanna use your BT to connect but i hope you can get somehing out of what i said

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ philippines
BT now used for wireless not used for internet hehehehe its so slow

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Have you had a look at USB networking? You could probably adapt that to meet your needs.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
There's an app called pc connectivity manager. It makes it possible to connect throught USB and bluetooth, BUT:
I never got the bluetooth connection working;
The USB connection breaks and never works while on power kernel.

I'd search for that here, and the package is on devel called maemo-pc-connectivity.