Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
Read the previous implication as if US networks are wooing NOKIA.........it is NOKIA that wants to get into bed with US networks, not the other way around.......
It's Nokia that gave up on the US networks after they wouldn't work with Nokia. I doubt Nokia wants to "get into bed" with US networks unless they've since changed their ways.

Which they partially have. Companies like Apple have been successful in pushing a device that doesn't compromise much on the device (e.g. network centric branding). Though part of the app store rejection due to bandwith usage is indication that there's still some network influence. And companies like Google are pushing for unlocked phones. If this momentum continues then I can see Nokia being interested in the US market again.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It's Nokia that gave up on the US networks after they wouldn't work with Nokia. I doubt Nokia wants to "get into bed" with US networks unless they've since changed their ways.

Which they partially have. Companies like Apple have been successful in pushing a device that doesn't compromise much on the device (e.g. network centric branding). Though part of the app store rejection due to bandwith usage is indication that there's still some network influence. And companies like Google are pushing for unlocked phones. If this momentum continues then I can see Nokia being interested in the US market again.

If NOKIA comes up with a competitive smarphone, with good software support, they have a chance. Currently they mostly adorn Best Buys prepaid phone section for $25. I walked into ATT today and among 100s of smartphones, there was only one NOKIA, E71..........

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Yeaaaaahhhhh bro! Proven to do well in Afghanistan too!
And Kazakhstan!

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
Those are AdMob statistics which are quite biased, because they measure time number of times their ads have been requested.
Right, and since Maemo has adblock, privoxy etc we'll probably never score high on that :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
lol iphone is not even 2nd yet on there its 1st.
some biased north american analyst must of knocked up that graph
heres real share as of Q2 2009 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone
since then Symbian as become even more dominant b/c of nokias increased share recently
That biased "analyst" you're talking about is Googleİ's own AdMob. Try to search for "mail" in Googleİ Search, and guess what service will have the top spot? Some Symbian devices have Yahoo Search as default (and thus no Googleİ Ads), while Iphone has Googleİ's counterpart. Obviously counting the amount of Googleİ Ads sounds better for the investors, doesn't it?

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2010-02-21 at 09:22.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
If NOKIA comes up with a competitive smarphone, with good software support, they have a chance. Currently they mostly adorn Best Buys prepaid phone section for $25. I walked into ATT today and among 100s of smartphones, there was only one NOKIA, E71..........
They have several but choose not to sell them n the US marketplace.

Tags
ppl without self control, troll pen