Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
No chance of Monday as we have been specifically promised a Qt migration Plan for existing applications before PR1.2 hits. This was just two days ago and no such Plan has been made public. So unless our Nokia hat friends intend to wreak havoc on Extras, it's going be a couple of weeks still.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
I'm confused but, isn't the navigation already there Ovi Maps and it's free?

Flash 10.1 hardware acceleration would be my one wish and it seems to be about the right time to coincide with Adobe, one can hope
It isn't proper navigation. Just routing, doesn't tell you when to go etc. just highlighted the route and if you're off the route, you have to find the way back to the suggested route yourself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Ah I see, so essentially it's just the equivilent of maps.google.co.uk or more appropriately Google Maps Mobile.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Hmmm I can't seem to get hold of the last update that everyone seemed to get... will I get to see the next one??

I'm on T-Mobile UK contractless.

@Thor, apparantly in the PR 1.1.1 thread there seems to be a discussion of Nokia not pushing updates to UK as often (across a variety of devices it seems). You may want to check that thread for a solution.

I think one of them is to re-flash to the global firmware so you don't have to wait. No idea what's with the whole UK situation.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Derby UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
@Thor, apparantly in the PR 1.1.1 thread there seems to be a discussion of Nokia not pushing updates to UK as often (across a variety of devices it seems). You may want to check that thread for a solution.

I think one of them is to re-flash to the global firmware so you don't have to wait. No idea what's with the whole UK situation.
It was also stated that the PR 1.1.1 update would be included in PR1.2 when it comes to the UK, so no need to flash, you just need to wait for PR 1.2.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
according to this, PR1.2 is due on monday...

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8011#c13

we'll see, if thats true, I better upgrade to PR1.1.1, so that I need not reflashing the whole device again...

if pr1.2 is really going to be released on monday that would be great! 1.1.1 fixed the poor battery life i had, now onward and beyond!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by andree View Post

we'll see, if thats true, I better upgrade to PR1.1.1, so that I need not reflashing the whole device again...
This was just discussed on page one.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by andree View Post

They said they were going to add the fix to that public release version not release the pr 1.2 on Monday

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post: