Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The number is growing. At the Santa Clara event I met with quite a few reps who were interested.
No doubt. I'd love for the apps to be already there though, not just interest.

Thank goodness I'm patient.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This thread should be in "Competitors" forum.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
So... I don't expect anyone to know (tell) if a new Maemo device might pop up at MWC, but is there anything that proves it won't happen or is highly unlikely?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
First render of the next Nokia device

Expected to be out in Q4
Do any of you remember this thread which links to this article which shows the following (see image at the bottom):

i wonder if they'll ever do this... make the screen so flexible that it can be used at an "n97"-angle and flat like on the n900 and turned around so it's covered by the keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I think this is a render, but it will be real. Notice the Dpad on the right, and spacebar on the left? Switch it around, and it sounds like Nokia design language to me...

Symbian will always outsell Maemo because it runs on cheaper hardware, needs no touchscreen, and has the mass market on lock. Symbian's success helps Maemo. I promise while Maemo attracts some devs, Symbian has a much larger dev community, and bigger pickets supporting it, like at&t.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
First render of the next Nokia device

Expected to be out in Q4
I usually don't care about the looks of my gadgets (it's the inner beauty), but that looks nice. I'd like to have one in ferrari red =)

Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
So... I don't expect anyone to know (tell) if a new Maemo device might pop up at MWC, but is there anything that proves it won't happen or is highly unlikely?
i still think it might be.... don't forget, they always called the n900 the "maemo 5 lead device" (which implies there have to be other maemo 5 devices). there was this mysterious RX-71 code in the maemo 5 kernel... there were these rumours i mentioned above about a "high resolution device without keyboard" to be introduced in 2010... and of course there's this strange change im the behaviour of the virtual keyboard that came with PR1.1 and that only makes sense if you think of it being used on a capacitive screen.

of course, plans can change and rumours can be false and all that, and i have the impression that nokia shifted gears once again and will come out with a maemo 6 device sooner than they had originally thought they would, thus changing the plans for maemo 5....

but if there'll ever be a second maemo 5 device: now would be the time to announce it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
This thread should be in "Competitors" forum.
When the title starts with "Nokia N8"?

No.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Symbian will always outsell Maemo because it runs on cheaper hardware, needs no touchscreen,....
do you have reliable information about the "needs no touchscreen"-part? i'm asking because someone recently mentioned that both symbian^3 and symbian^4 won't work without touch input, which would mean the end of real smartphones made by nokia.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i read that s60v3 will still be used in near future for non touch devices which is why they ported QT on s60v3.
i'm guessing longer term that symbian^5 or 6 will probably support non-touch also, it makes sense

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-02-11 at 20:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post: