Active Topics

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
yes I hope, omweather and yahooweather both dont include my city. accuweather does so I hope someone will manage to fix that..
smae problem here

yes I hope, omweather and yahooweather both dont include my city. accuweather does so I hope someone will manage to fix that..
Originally Posted by NOMIOMI View Post
smae problem here
Which countries and cities are you both in?

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Which countries and cities are you both in?
I live in the Netherlands and the city I want to add is Gorinchem( Dutch Spelling)

I live in the Netherlands and the city I want to add is Gorinchem( Dutch Spelling)
hmmm... interesting seems like the Dordrecht weather centre is not playing ball.
Set your place as either Meerkerk or Leerdam as they are on the Utrecht weather centre, but it is interesting that there is a 5º difference between you and those two places and your not that far away I guess you are going to have to decide which is more accurate.

I think I will start experimenting with locations around me to see what weather stations there are and how they differ.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
well did learn some topography :P dordrecht should be less far than utrecht weather center. But I dont know whats closer: dordrecht or meerkerk. Also what do you exactly mean that the dordrecht weather center is playing balls?

Haven't had a proper look at yet but here is some code i found that pulls weather information from accuweather. Bear in mind that that it does not get any images from the site so i'd expect to use this in conjunction with the original image grab from yahoo.

Code:
wget --user-agent="" -q -t 1 -T 10 -O "/home/user/MyDocs/.images/queen_beecon_dir/test.htm" "http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=EUR|UK|UK179|Newcastle upon Tyne" ; weather=`grep '.*' "/home/user/MyDocs/.images/queen_beecon_dir/test.htm" | grep -E '<description>(Currently|High)'| sed -e 's/.*<description>\(.*\)/\1/' -e 's/\(.*\) &lt.*/\1/' -e 's/\(&#176;\)//'` ; echo "Weather......: `echo "$weather" | head -1`" ; echo "Today........: `echo "$weather" | head -2 | tail -1`" ; echo "Tomorrow.....: `echo "$weather" | tail -1`"
~

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
Haven't had a proper look at yet but here is some code i found that pulls weather information from accuweather. Bear in mind that that it does not get any images from the site so i'd expect to use this in conjunction with the original image grab from yahoo.

Code:
wget --user-agent="" -q -t 1 -T 10 -O "/home/user/MyDocs/.images/queen_beecon_dir/test.htm" "http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=EUR|UK|UK179|Newcastle upon Tyne" ; weather=`grep '.*' "/home/user/MyDocs/.images/queen_beecon_dir/test.htm" | grep -E '<description>(Currently|High)'| sed -e 's/.*<description>\(.*\)/\1/' -e 's/\(.*\) &lt.*/\1/' -e 's/\(°\)//'` ; echo "Weather......: `echo "$weather" | head -1`" ; echo "Today........: `echo "$weather" | head -2 | tail -1`" ; echo "Tomorrow.....: `echo "$weather" | tail -1`"
~
Hope you will code it that way it grabs the images from accuweather also

Also what do you exactly mean that the dordrecht weather center is playing balls?
Sorry, English expression.

'Not playing ball' means that the Dordrecht weather centre isn't giving out its data in a way that Yahoo can use.

They are not playing by the rules, I assume a football expression.

Last edited by JonWW; 2011-03-21 at 22:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Sorry, English expression.

'Not playing ball' means that the Dordrecht weather centre isn't giving out its data in a way that Yahoo can use.

They are not playing by the rules, I assume a football expression.
No problem, it's good for my english. I have a English test this thursday :P
I got Dordrecht working anyway Still hope for aacuweather as its better for here . Thanks for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Hi Guys, etuoyo asked me about this on the screenshot thread
Didn't want to hijack it so here are the mods i made.

Icons, QB widgets & instructions are included in the zip file. Icons were created by D4Klar, Biggzy, qosmio and myself so enjoy!
I cant get them to work, most of them show the WARNING! Bad Checksum! Possibly corrupt Import Instance Error when i click the IMPORT BUFFER TO BEECON button. Can someone check if this is happening too? I dont know how to get it to work, need some help please. Thank you

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread