How does rebble support work?
Some of the developers show up in the official support forum:
https://discordapp.com/channels/2213...86541027377152

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
Some of the developers show up in the official support forum:
https://discordapp.com/channels/2213...86541027377152
Thanks, my question was also aimed at having a permanent lookup possibility. As I am not using discord and my understanding was, that it is some "not-permanent" chat platform, isn't it less good because anyone who wants to know has to ask the same question all over again?

I kinda thought someone could point to a wiki or even explain it here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Thanks, my question was also aimed at having a permanent lookup possibility. As I am not using discord and my understanding was, that it is some "not-permanent" chat platform, isn't it less good because anyone who wants to know has to ask the same question all over again?

I totally agree that having a static site where information can accumulate and be organized is much more useful. As far as I am aware however, that is not the case with rebble at this moment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post

The Rebble team is VERY active on the r/pebble sub-reddit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
by the way, I noticed that version 1.9 is on github, does anyone know of a tutorial on how I can learn to compile the new version?

From merSDK wiki site it looks like it must be done under strict set of requirements: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Pla...K_Requirements

before I throw myself into it ... Does anyone know if it is actually possible to compile on a 64 bit machine? (or maybe a raspberry pi?)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Not sure this will help since 1.9 is failing the builds in SailfishOS Open Build Service.

https://build.merproject.org/package...happs/rockpool

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Sorry, hadn't noticed it had never had the QtWebKit requirement. New build on OBS and Openrepos (adding OBS repository is recommended)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Could it be the new version crashes on the Watch Apps page, if there are apps installed which are not available in the store (anymore)? I had an own old experiment installed, and the app Transmission ({5a3de317-b050-4140-aa37-c85f19c446eb}), both are not in the store. When I manually removed them from the apps.conf, and from the directory, things went back to normal. I can see updates for other apps, and search the store etc.

[Edit]
Other than that, thanks or the update. I can finally manage the tokens in the Authenticator app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Hi,

I wrote already to together.jolla.com about the bluetooth stuttering problem, but I thought to post the same observation here as well.

So, I have had a bluetooth audio problem for quite some time: every time I listen e.g. music with bluetooth headphones, I suffer from heavy stuttering in the audio every now and then.

I believe I have now managed to track it (at least in my case) down to Rockpool. I have noticed, that if I either stop the rockpoold background process, OR just open Rockpool UI and keep it open (seems to be enough to keep the daemon satisfied!?), the stuttering ceases. As if the daemon occasionally starts searching for watches to connect to, and that would cause the stuttering to the headphones audio?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Just a note to inform that it seems I could connect my Pebble time steel with bluetooth LE with a Xperia 10+. I did not have to wait for the second bluetooth entry (non LE) to connect to.

Edit: actually the connection is less stable as I had to re-pair them twice already

Last edited by P@t; 2019-12-19 at 08:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch