Poll: Which would you have purchased ?
Poll Options
Which would you have purchased ?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Never underestimate the ones who just show up to troll.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Never underestimate the ones who just show up to troll.
There's someone called Macboy who keeps posting on All About Symbian about how superior the iPhone is. Their posts are so full of unprovoked attacks on other brands, I'm never sure if it's a genuine Apple fan or someone trying to give Apple fans a bad name.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I like the guy on Cnet who believes you need XP to start Linux and with Vista it may not be possible to use Linux anymore

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
If you're speaking generically about "split thumb keyboards", there's 3 or 4 products on the market with that same form factor, but the others are all windows based (Samsung Q1 family, WiBrain, and one or two I'm forgetting).

Personally, if Hanbit is going to drop Pepper's linux distro, I think they should go to Ubuntu Mobile. Or at least make sure the hardware is all Ubuntu compatible.

And, if they're updating the hardware, I hope they add a top mounted express card slot, and make sure their bluetooth supports DUN, PAN, and FTP. An SSD option would be nice too.
Before they add anything to a (hypothetical) future Pad, they might first solve the battery issue. With WiFi off I can barely get three hours of video out of my '3; WiFi surfing is limited to two hours on battery.

I'm working on adapting an external battery to output 12 volts, but having more gogo juice inside would definitely sell more Pads. Still, it's all stop-gap for me untile the Pandora hits the streets.

PS: There is a company that sells 1.8" ZIF-to-CF adapters, so getting a SSD in your Pad is apparently a "simple" matter of coughing up the dough, opening your Pad and reinstalling your software. How much are 32GB CF cards these days?