Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
i no this display was out a wild now but why phone manufactures import then to they devices, is base on a resistive technology able to do multitouch u can able to do a lot with it , more then capacitive and resistive here some links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msfxd...x=5&playnext=3

http://www.stantum.com/en/

if only nokia can inport them to there smartphone devices

The Following User Says Thank You to augustthe For This Useful Post:
this was.is great tech but the apple bio sphere wont let anything but capacitive live ... sad day for a better tech.

Originally Posted by shady View Post
this was.is great tech but the apple bio sphere wont let anything but capacitive live ... sad day for a better tech.
How come, this tech is way advance then capacitive and resistive it should able to do a lot with this tech , able-ling to do multitouch on resistive finally and no one is looking in to this tech I'm really disappointing but i still looking a head with in this tech, this is the future of touch technology

why this thread talk like cave man.

hahaha

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post

hahaha
hahahaha you a funny one

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post

hahaha
Because not everyone in the world learns English as their first language. However, unlike most English speakers, they actually learn English enough to be understood, while English speakers sit around expecting everyone to conform to their language.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Actually, just came across something (was browsing Stantum's website in the hope of having something to pull me out of the depression at the prospect of *****ic business decisions continuing to obsess over capacitive screens) that may be cause for optimism:

http://www.stantum.com/en/medias/videos-demos (Namely the first one, which is recent - at least to me - and of special interest to this board because it says it's using MeeGo)

Sorry for being complete noob, but is this software or hardware approach? If it's software i'd like to see it on my linux box

Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
Sorry for being complete noob, but is this software or hardware approach? If it's software i'd like to see it on my linux box
Hardware. But on that page they have a demo of x.org having multitouch support, so you may be able to see if you can order one of their screens for a desktop... *Shrug* I honestly don't know how much Stantum actually has in way of consumer products. Their website certainly doesn't suggest they sell straight to consumers, but it's possible if you gave them a call and were willing to accept a warranty-less, support-less purchase, you'd be able to buy a screen. (Honestly, I have no clue as to how feasible that is.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Hardware. But on that page they have a demo of x.org having multitouch support, so you may be able to see if you can order one of their screens for a desktop... *Shrug* I honestly don't know how much Stantum actually has in way of consumer products. Their website certainly doesn't suggest they sell straight to consumers, but it's possible if you gave them a call and were willing to accept a warranty-less, support-less purchase, you'd be able to buy a screen. (Honestly, I have no clue as to how feasible that is.)
I'd doubt that they actually make screens themselves (beyond a handful of test/demo models). They'll be looking to license the technology to others instead - probably for significant sums, which is likely why we're not seeing anything using their screens. It's either that or there's some technical issues which actually make it less useful than they're claiming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad english, i melt with you