Hey guys, just a quick question. I apologize if it has been asked before, but I searched to no avail: Is there a way to change the name associated with telephone numbers for a contact? For example, on my n95 I could change someone's "Phone (work)" number to "Work (ABC Company)" to distinguish different telephone numbers for the same contact.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work (specifically, thanks for my fav apps: gPodder, FM Boost, Hermes, SeriesFinale, Storage Usage, transition control, etc) And if anyone needs graphic design help for an app just msg me! I'd be more than happy to help.

sure. just check the settings in Contacts.

If what you're asking is whether you can change the name of the built-in categories (e.g. "Phone (home)", "Phone (work)"), then no, I haven't seen anything that can do this yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rsegerda@sina.com View Post
sure. just check the settings in Contacts.
???
There is no such setting.
Another handy feature that Nokia has forgotten to take along from Symbian

Yeah, there is definately no way to do this from the settings. I agree this was a very useful feature in Symbian, is it possible to implement in the n900?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
i agree too because yesterday i was searching how to add a fax field in the contact

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
If you want to follow what is missing in this device, you'd go nutz. Hence, I gave up long time ago. Where are the people with "the N900 is not a phone" tune?