Notices

Originally Posted by pkz View Post
I had the same problem: backupmenu almost frozen and restore did not produce any good result...

I had to re-flash, but the battery was down.

Thus I manually recharged the battery using a 9V battery charger connected throughout a 100ohm resistance... after two days, and monitoring the battery voltage every two hours, I got a full battery, ready for re-flash...

Then after re-flashing the fiasco image I was able to save the FAT partition on my notebook. Then I re-flashed everything but even if I have a running N900 and the backupmenu images, I cannot use them because I changed the kernel (KP52)...

pkz
I had the same thing. solved by reflashing to the nokia 1.3 image and then reinstalling/configuring everything back - hard work, but after that i was able to use the backup/restore again with KP52 and latest thumb.

i was never really sure why it happened - i believe probably something to do with KP51 -> KP52 transition?

anyway it works great for me now (more than half a year already).

Thank you guys.
Indeed, I have two batteries and an external charger so this is not a battery issue. I'll try the things you said (iternal usb, etc.). And in the meantime, I bought another one: cheaper, newer, etc.
And since I have nightly backups on my personal server (rsync to server, then rdiff-backup the result), I lost nothing from /home/user/ except one photo!

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I never got around to install this and, you guessed it, my n900 experienced a nasty crash that took out both rootfs and home partition (it would boot after flashing rootfs but couldn't install anything and GUI corrupted on second boot)

So after reflashing I want to do things properly. I already installed KP52 and CSSU-T-thumb. Next was going to be this, but I can't find backupmenu in HAM.

extras-devel is enabled and I can see packages that are in there.

Is there an issue on my end or is the preferred way to install to download the deb?

*bump* ?

I see it listed in http://maemo.org/packages/view/backupmenu/ but not in HAM? Any idea why?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by petur View Post
*bump* ?

I see it listed in http://maemo.org/packages/view/backupmenu/ but not in HAM? Any idea why?
No idea why it is not showing. What does (as root)"apt-get install backupmenu" yield? For me "apt-cache showpkg backupmenu" revels 2 ver, latest in extras-devel and other in extras-testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I was going to facepalm but I'm just puzzled... backupmenu is already installed...

I just reflashed 2 days ago so I remember what I did, so I'm puzzled.

Anyway, it's working great now and I should have come up with using apt-get myself. Thanks for the push in the right direction!

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I was going to facepalm but I'm just puzzled... backupmenu is already installed...

I just reflashed 2 days ago so I remember what I did, so I'm puzzled.

Anyway, it's working great now and I should have come up with using apt-get myself. Thanks for the push in the right direction!
Thats priceless - I am SO glad I had no idea why! Still grinning..... Tnx. Puzzle indeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
just for an help...

I have my second N900 that has usb port broken, I have done some experiments and now it starts and reboot, again and again... I have BackupMenu on it but it never arrives to the point to load it...

I have some hope to making it work again or... I have to say goodbye to it?

how to disable backupmenu formatting when restoring optfs?*(only restore files)
CSSU-T latest version

Find the:
Code:
#Begin OptFS Segment
...in /usr/share/backupmenu/BackupMenu.item and (with care!) edit out mkfs command contained in next few lines.

Sorry, can't give you exact line number and/or exact string to edit, as my BackupMenu.item is already modified beyond much ressemblance to vanilla one.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system