Notices

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
http://maemo.cloud-7.de/maemo5/BM/BM...omplete_image/

Are these what you seek?

yep those one thank you!

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
the link http://robbiethe1st.afraid.org/BackupMenu/ doesn't work for me.
yes, that page is down. hope robbie is ok.

He is, just posted on "N900 replacement body" thread, so I guess everything is OK.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hi,

My n900 suddenly shutdown yesterday evening in my hands. Now it is not possible anymore to boot it: it stops at the "black on white Nokia logo". Since I installed BackupMenu, it can also show this manu hen n900 is open, but it becomes likely freezed.

Now, I want to try to reflash it and did like it is mentioned above: unplugged the n900, launch the flasher command and plug the n900. It was detected, but then a message says it is looking for the device once again:

Code:
$ sudo flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f
flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Image 'mmc', size 255947 kB
        Version RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus 002, device address 025.
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_MR0
Booting device into flash mode.
I think it is dead, but I want to be sure. Any clue on this?
Thanks a lot your advices.
Nicolas

Originally Posted by NicoLarve View Post
Since I installed BackupMenu, it can also show this manu hen n900 is open, but it becomes likely freezed.
You can enter into backupmenu, and *after* it freezes, or you mean that you *should* be able to enter backupmenu, but instead, it is still frozen on nokia logo?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

More precisely: I can see the menu of backupmenu. But keys have no effect. I guess it is frozen at this stage.
I'm not a n900 guru, but this looks strange to me since a piece of code have been run (i.e., the boot on backupmenu), it might be low level code!

More precisely: I can see the menu of backupmenu. But keys have no effect. I guess it is frozen at this stage.
I'm not a n900 guru, but this looks strange to me since a piece of code have been run (i.e., the boot on backupmenu), it might be low level code!
If i understand you correctly, you mean the keys are frozen at the boot loader - where you can pick to boot into backupmenu - is that right?

Sorry if I'm not clear enough. This is approximately (not my photo) the screen on which my n900 get stuck:

So you might call this the "boot menu" instead of "menu of backupmenu".

Hi,

My n900 suddenly shutdown yesterday evening in my hands. Now it is not possible anymore to boot it: it stops at the "black on white Nokia logo". Since I installed BackupMenu, it can also show this manu hen n900 is open, but it becomes likely freezed.

Now, I want to try to reflash it and did like it is mentioned above: unplugged the n900, launch the flasher command and plug the n900. It was detected, but then a message says it is looking for the device once again:

Code:
$ sudo flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f
flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Image 'mmc', size 255947 kB
        Version RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA
USB device found found at bus 002, device address 025.
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_MR0
Booting device into flash mode.
I think it is dead, but I want to be sure. Any clue on this?
Thanks a lot your advices.
Nicolas
reinstall drivers(what os are you using? , After installing reboot.) /change usb port(use those on motherboard not those via extender) /change battery or charge it (the phone won't flash if battery is almost depleted , I think it's nokia's failsafe regarding nolo) /
one of theese should work
CSSU-T latest version

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
reinstall drivers(what os are you using? , After installing reboot.) /change usb port(use those on motherboard not those via extender) /change battery or charge it (the phone won't flash if battery is almost depleted , I think it's nokia's failsafe regarding nolo) /
one of theese should work
I had the same problem: backupmenu almost frozen and restore did not produce any good result...

I had to re-flash, but the battery was down.

Thus I manually recharged the battery using a 9V battery charger connected throughout a 100ohm resistance... after two days, and monitoring the battery voltage every two hours, I got a full battery, ready for re-flash...

Then after re-flashing the fiasco image I was able to save the FAT partition on my notebook. Then I re-flashed everything but even if I have a running N900 and the backupmenu images, I cannot use them because I changed the kernel (KP52)...

pkz

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system