Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's funny, that is exactly what I thought about the forced portrait orientation. But then, I came to Jolla from the best of the best, the glorious N900.
I have n900 for about 5 years and bought a second one recently but there is a difference in feeling of fremantle. I mean you have physical qwerty and whole device is like a mini tablet (that was original style ) gsm options still feel much more like additional function then main goal of the device (I mean common no official MMS support in 2009 ? Still no Sim tools, no video call etc ) its not really a problem to use it as daily phone but Jolla is something else.
Its a modern smartphone and every big OS out there have horizontal orientation (or maybe I missed something ). Jolla felt different sticking to the rule "Simply the best " I can try to live, somehow, with horizontal Sailfish 2.0 but this new active covers will be real pain...
I saw one patch changing active covers from taping buttons back to swiping (up and down if I remember correctly ) but even if whole Os is now horizontal I still would like to try having them as they ware original designed .

@pichlo

Did you bought polarcell akku for htc desire ? Im still wating (a week already) for one of those ;x I will check how it works

The Following User Says Thank You to Marold For This Useful Post:
Isn't complete support for landscape orientation coming in next update? Or have I misunderstood something?

landscape you mean horizontal ? when you swipe from right to left or left to right of course, not like it was in vertical orientation from down to up ? Or I just simpy cant understand what support you are talking about ;x

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Marold View Post
Did you bought polarcell akku for htc desire ?
No, just this one. Been using it on and off for about two months, permanently for the last 10 days. So far so good. No random reboots or other misbehaviour where I had a case at least twice a week before.

landscape you mean horizontal ? when you swipe from right to left or left to right of course, not like it was in vertical orientation from down to up ? Or I just simpy cant understand what support you are talking about ;x
Oh, I see. You did not make it very clear. I also thought you were talking about the orientation.
I must say, I find the new UI much more intuitive. I am quite flexible and could go back if I had to but I would prefer not to.

I saw this battery replacement suggestion too but after this article http://reviewjolla.blogspot.com/2015...for-jolla.html I ordered Polarcell so time will show if that was good decision
and I had used the very same word describing new ui orientation that is mention in official jolla changelog and many times alongside active covers topics on together jolla. Anyway thats to much ad roid ( you see what I did here ;> ) alike for me. Sailfish is going away from "simply the best " rule thats my feelings about 2.0 ;x and I saw that mem about patches and it would be great if there were actually patches for every annoying changes. Thats why I had voted up idea that those changes to active covers would be optionable not mandatory but without success as you can see, so only hope in patch manager ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Marold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Had an awkward thing with bluetooth today..

I was listening to music on headset via A2DP when suddenly the connection dropped. reconnect did not work.
looking into Bluetooth Settings i had no "known devices" anymore where i had 10 configured prior to the incident.

Anyone had that before? I filed a TJC Question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Im very repetitive, i know it, but im still with my problems of loss of connection with 1.1.9, after uninstall/install some apps like whatsapp or sailgram i have the same problem, i dont know what to do, factory reset?... any ideas?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I saw this battery replacement suggestion too but after this article http://reviewjolla.blogspot.com/2015...for-jolla.html I ordered Polarcell so time will show if that was good decision
Confirming the Polarcell battery option to be just excellent. Tried it in my jeans pocket for about 1 month and so far no overheating

and I had used the very same word describing new ui orientation that is mention in official jolla changelog and many times alongside active covers topics on together jolla. Anyway thats to much ad roid ( you see what I did here ;> ) alike for me. Sailfish is going away from "simply the best " rule thats my feelings about 2.0 ;x and I saw that mem about patches and it would be great if there were actually patches for every annoying changes. Thats why I had voted up idea that those changes to active covers would be optionable not mandatory but without success as you can see, so only hope in patch manager ...
Here is some hope to cling on to:

Jolla's annoncement for Sailfish for 2.0 on the Phone:

https://blog.jolla.com/sailfish-os-2-0-now-available/

It seems like work in progress because they promise this but not deliver (yet).

"More personalization

There are now even more options enabling you to personalize the phone according to your needs. One example is defining the behavior of the top edge swipe gesture: you can choose to keep it as an ambience switcher or change it to close apps directly with one top swipe (like before)."

For a gesture based OS I would expect the now surprisingly empty menu item “Settings / Gestures” to get gradually filled with other examples during the next upcoming updates:

Other example is defining the behavior of cover action gestures: you can choose to keep them as single button tap action or change them to swipe actions with multiple functions depending on different swipe directions (like before)

Other example 2 is defining the horizontal edge swipe action gestures: you can choose to keep them to access the events view carousel wise from left and right or you can assign them to another action or pane which you prefer: ambiances (like before), application & favorite actions grid or the new most recently used favorites & actions panel.

Other example 3 is defining the favorite applications list: you can choose to keep no favorites at all on the lower row or you can change this to always display your favorite 4 icons (like before) or alternatively to tap or mini swipe to bring the favorites row up for a user defined time.

Other example 4 is defining the top bar information display: you can choose to keep the information about time, network and battery visible on top of the display or if you prefer the minimalist style you can change this information to be visible in the respective active app covers (like before). By the way, check out the new possible cover interactions on the minimized settings application cover which allow you to quickly control your on/off type favorite shortcuts such as network or internet sharing.

Other example 5 is defining the way the new ambiance & lock display pull menu works: you can choose to pull -> hold finger over your choice -> release finger to activate your choice.
or you can choose to keep it as pull –> release –> tap to activate your choice (like before).

Other example 6 is defining the way active cover information is being displayed: you can choose for a more graphical, colorful option or you can choose for mini icons with life information (like before) or a combination of both.
Note that every application has now a settings menu where you can configure the cover functionality to your desire.

Other example 7 is defining the way application grid scrolls: horizontally or both horizontally and vertically or only vertically (like before)

Other example 8 is defining the way for arranging application grid covers positions: latest opened last and fixed position or latest opened / used first and rotating (like before).
And the way to move them around is also more flexible: long tap then drag and drop or long tap –> release -> then drag and drop (like before) or alternatively two finger swap on same display area.
Also you can now define the maximum number cover columns and / or displays.

Other example 9 is defining the way the remorse timer works: stepped countdown with large cancel sign or minimalist, smooth stepless countdown (like before).
The countdown time is now also user definable.

etc...

It is really not that hard to be unlike Apple if your marketing promise is not something unachievable like "More personalization".

I am not saying Sailfish 2.0 is bad but the world hasn't even seen Sailfish 1.0 yet so there is no tiredness and need for update.

Only lack of incentive to try it and recommend it to a friend / business.

And those reasons will come from continuous fine-tuning and adding of features under the hood!

Jolla should move fast to change "if I want to run Android apps I 'd buy an Android" to "for those reasons and (security) features Sailfish is becoming the platform of choice to run your Android applications on" to finally eliminate the pressing need for Android application compatibility.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Confirming the Polarcell battery option to be just excellent. Tried it in my jeans pocket for about 1 month and so far no overheating
Wouldn't a better test be to try it in your phone?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Wouldn't a better test be to try it in your phone?

Hahah true, but that would be stage 2, soon, in about 2 more months, -- I am for proper benchmarking, you know

On a serious note , in real life "torture" scenario's I've got nothing to complain about this Polarcell battery solution for Jolla the first one phone. Thanks for nothing Jolla!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: