Active Topics

Everybody. If you read the threads you'll see that weather dot com changed their protocol.

Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
My omweather started showing no data/ N/A N/A N/A . . . as of about a week ago. I've tried deleting the contents of /var/lib/gconf/apps/maemo/omweather and /home/user/apps/omweather and reconfiguring it, and downgrading from .20.1 to .20, but neither one helped. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Same issue here.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, i'm experiencing it as of today... maybe they're changing the protocol country by country

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Everybody. If you read the threads you'll see that weather dot com changed their protocol.
Oh. Nevermind.

The solution. (At least it worked for me.)

It's because weather.com changed something in their coding. So alot of weather apps, docks, widgets, whatever are broken. I believe in the apps forum in the omweather thread, somebody has posted a temporary fix.

Edit: Wow you guys are fast. =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I do.

I'm getting access denied when I try to copy the file into the location. Can someone provide a step by step procedure if I have to use xterminal in order to do this. I thought I could replace the file through file manager, but like I said I'm getting access denied.

thanks for any help

Originally Posted by callanish View Post
I'm getting access denied when I try to copy the file into the location. Can someone provide a step by step procedure if I have to use xterminal in order to do this. I thought I could replace the file through file manager, but like I said I'm getting access denied.

thanks for any help
You are on the right track. You just need to do the copy with root permissions in a terminal window.

Have you installed becomeroot? If so then just use the 'sudo gainroot' command then use the cp command to copy the file.

If you want you can use the mv command to rename the old one first. I do not see a lot of need for that since it does not work.

I do not have tablet handy so I can not give the exact command, sorry, but hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

Last edited by rone; 2008-05-11 at 10:22.