Notices

Hello, All!

I have just uploaded the first version of AlmostTI85, my TI85 emulator, to Extras. ATI85 will turn your tablet into a virtually perfect replica of the real TI85, a programmable scientific calculator from Texas Instruments. Beautiful TI85 faceplate artwork has been done by Andrew Zhilin (aka wazd).

You can get ATI85 here:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/ati85/

Please, make sure you vote for it if you like it.

The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
fms,
that looks excellent.

one thing, could you rotate the picture on the product page, its hard to see sideways and we can't just rotate our monitors as easily as our tablets

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
one thing, could you rotate the picture on the product page, its hard to see sideways and we can't just rotate our monitors as easily as our tablets
Wish granted! =)

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Nice, but I would really like to see TilEm in a finished form.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1&postcount=21

It has "All Z80 TI calculators (73, 82, 83, 83+, 83+ SE, 84+, 84+ SE, 85, and 86) except the TI-81," so that would cover the 85 as well as the better 84 series.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

How do you make it stop? I am having trouble closing out of the program. Looks fantastic.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by microfab View Post
How do you make it stop? I am having trouble closing out of the program. Looks fantastic.
Press the esc key.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Nice, but I would really like to see TilEm in a finished form.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1&postcount=21

It has "All Z80 TI calculators (73, 82, 83, 83+, 83+ SE, 84+, 84+ SE, 85, and 86) except the TI-81," so that would cover the 85 as well as the better 84 series.
That's dependent on me learning enough GTK to fiddle with it, or someone else picking it up. I wasn't intending to learn GTK, but given how useful a properly working version of this would be to me, I may give it a shot, once exams are over. If I do, I would appreciate some help with the skins, though.
For now, though, congrats to fms and wazd for what they've done! I'd try it, but I only have an 83+ ROM.
EDIT: is this an emulator, or a re-implementation?

Last edited by jaem; 2009-02-09 at 05:45.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
jaem, it worked out of the box for me. No ROM needed (I only have a 83+ and a 84+). I am guessing it is running a open source OS.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Originally Posted by jaem View Post
EDIT: is this an emulator, or a re-implementation?
It is an emulator, not a reimplementation.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
No ROM needed (I only have a 83+ and a 84+). I am guessing it is running a open source OS.
ATI85 includes /usr/share/ati85/TI85.ROM file into the package. Given that Texas Instruments has long moved from Z80 based platform to the much more advanced 68000 based one, the TI85 firmware is mostly of historical value.