Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Ok. So I'm driving to work, listening to CSPAN. The head of the FBI is testifying before congress concerning Apple providing a back door to access a terrorist's encrypted data on their Iphone. When asked if legislation from congress could stop a foreign manufacture from making and selling phones without a back door to terrorists. The FBI director said, (I'm paraphrasing a little but the placed mentioned is accurate as well as the gist of it all.) Look, if a manufacture from some Nordic country made such phone we wouldn't be able to stop it.

I can't believe he said Nordic! Why would he ever suggest such place! lol

Just for he record, I believe that back doors should be provided to law enforcement.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Believe it. Every dirty trick to have a backdoor to be created will happen. Meanwhile, the entire network has already been compromised. And most RSA encryption has already been "compromised" in very dirty ways already been around for ages. Parts of me knows that this is just a front to a bigger goal... sadly customer apathy and fear mongering has people willing to give up their liberty for some faux security.

And saying "Nordic" - they'd rather not point out "Asian".

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Just for he record, I believe that back doors should be provided to law enforcement.
No I disagree totally. I hate Alkaida, ISIS and similar terrorist asholes. But the thing is terrorist can not be stopped by let law enforcement has access to everything.

In the end it may very well hurt ourself.

Just give an example you american people will vote and there is a big ashole that may very well be bad for you american and rest of West if he wins... He may very well be similar idiot as Putin in the long run......

Right now law enforcement may be on "your side" next week it may be you that is seen as evil.

If stuff is encrypted it should be. There are other ways to get rid of the terrorist asholes.

And don't forget western contrys is feeding those damn terrorists! By fear and hate you create terrorists that for sure. Bush is one of many who created them! And not only American ofcourse those stupid politicans in EU. And the banks and so on! Actually I am personally more scared by the corrupt banks than terrorists.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-03-01 at 21:12.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
One does wonder if such accidents happen by themselves
https://drownattack.com