Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Now I have installed Rockpool beta, and even received one incoming call ! Actually, it went well, the watch didn't boot, nor did the phone freeze.

But the bluetooth connectivity issue is still there: I tend to turn bluetooth off from the phone for night time. In the morning I turn it on again, and the phone and the watch find each other perfectly every time, but Rockpoold does not notice the connection until I restart it.

EDIT: Another succesful call !! \o/

Last edited by Upp15; 2016-08-03 at 06:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
How do I setup the CloudPebble connection? Simply enabling it doesn't do the trick. I reckon I need to link the pebble to my account somehow, or make my account details known to rockpool. But how?
It's not implemented at the moment, I have no clue what should I do to register the phone at cloudpebble. I didn't find any description for the api or reference implementation. Would need to reverse-engineer the communication (because it's websockets so would be binary protocol, not text)
So that checkbox currently does nothing except sending a log message.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
Now I have installed Rockpool beta, and even received one incoming call ! Actually, it went well, the watch didn't boot, nor did the phone freeze.
Thanks for the test! So do I understand you correct that with mainline/older version you have a freeze/crash but with latest it works properly? I.e. on jolla 1 mainline rockpool crashes on the call end, but on jolla c the whole phone freezes, while latest beta works ok on both?

Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
But the bluetooth connectivity issue is still there: I tend to turn bluetooth off from the phone for night time. In the morning I turn it on again, and the phone and the watch find each other perfectly every time, but Rockpoold does not notice the connection until I restart it.

EDIT: Another succesful call !! \o/
There's still occasional service crash on reconnect attempt. Is that behaviour consistent? What may happen is after you disable BT rockpool may (for some unknown reason, it should not actually) try to reconnect and crash, it will then be restarted by systemd and see no BT connection, hence would not be able to reconnect once BT is enabled back. But this should be intermittent, because i cannot reproduce crash on reconnect, even though I saw it happened several times.
To prove if that's not the case you may check before restarting the service it's status (systemctl --user status rockpoold) and see when it was started last time.

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Thanks for the test! So do I understand you correct that with mainline/older version you have a freeze/crash but with latest it works properly? I.e. on jolla 1 mainline rockpool crashes on the call end, but on jolla c the whole phone freezes, while latest beta works ok on both?
Yes, this is correct. But of course the sample is quite small so far (2 calls).

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
To prove if that's not the case you may check before restarting the service it's status (systemctl --user status rockpoold) and see when it was started last time.
I'll try to remember to check this next time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Please give a link to said beta to be sure i test the correct one.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Please give a link to said beta to be sure i test the correct one.
Here would be the latest released: https://openrepos.net/content/ruff/rockpool-beta

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

Ok, I turned bt off from the phone an hour ago, and again on a moment ago. Devices are now connected, but Rockpool(d) does not realize it.

The status states, that the daemon was started this morning at 6:30, which was the time, when I restarted it manually.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:
1.0 released! Thanks to ruff for getting an incredible amount of stuff implemented these last couple of months, and everyone else who's helped with testing, translations and support. Much love to Katharine, mzanetti and the other RockWork guys.

This is a pretty much feature complete Pebble app now. If anyone around here does any youtubing, it'd be great to see how you find it.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
uhm, i thought we'd go with beta1, and I'll squeeze my weatherapp and sendtextapp implementation before release. Although 1.0, 1.1 - who cares

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch