Notices

Looking at the browsers from the user experience, microb and opera are the fastest / best optimised for mobile cpus.

Fennec is a nice effort to port the "bloated" FF to mobile platforms. It runs reasonible fast compared to the small cpu.

Keep in mind that the full Chromium and Firefox browsers through ED are not optimised for tablets and for exapmle you have to scroll with stylus by tapping bars (or use the keyboard) like on the desktop.
With addons you might get a better tablet-experience.
Smoothness could be compared to fennec, not very fast but in my opinion reasonible fast for a small cpu like this and you get the advantages of an up-to-date desktop browser.

Last edited by eight; 2012-01-28 at 23:20.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
microb and Midori

MicroB. It's still an amazing mobile browser.

Originally Posted by eight View Post
(...)

With addons you might get a better tablet-experience.
Smoothness could be compared to fennec, not very fast but in my opinion reasonible fast for a small cpu like this and you get the advantages of an up-to-date desktop browser.
Are you overclocking your n900? I as a rule spend several minutes waiting for fennec and usually my n900 gets completely unresponsive while I'm waiting and after it's finally finished to load the device remains borderline unresponsive....

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Microb for sure it has flash its fast.

I tried opera but it was boring and then Fennec but also too got bored.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
90% Firefox (the last updated N900 version from FF, not the one from the OVI store), 10% Microb.

Opera seems to drain a lot of battery, & I've never had time to get into figuring out how to download & install the FF nightly builds.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
the only thing that i like on opera is the fact that it rearange texts to be on the screen, when i zoom in/out.
but i don't read too many things on phone from internet, so i prefer to use microb.
for microb, the anoing thing is that he not have a select text function, opera again win here.

it is easier to use microb, but sometimes u need opera for those things.

You can select text in microb with a shortcut gesture.
Slide with your finger on top lefthand into the screen.
http://blog.wapreview.com/6220/

Last edited by eight; 2012-01-29 at 22:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to eight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Keeper of the Keys View Post
Are you overclocking your n900? I as a rule spend several minutes waiting for fennec and usually my n900 gets completely unresponsive while I'm waiting and after it's finally finished to load the device remains borderline unresponsive....
I think it depends on the website. Which website makes these problems?
And yes I am overclocking at 900 Mhz, but should also work a little slower at 600 Mhz.

Edit: Got that wrong, you are talking about the launch of fennec right? It takes roughly 20 seconds on my n900 to start fennec 12 nightly.

Last edited by eight; 2012-01-29 at 23:15.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
93% - Opera / 7% - Fennec 6.01
I use FF on desktop PC/Ubuntu, but on the N900 it's slow and memory exhausting. This renders multitasking useless.
I would prefer Fennec if it had the speed of Opera or MicroB.

Never noticed a battery consumption issue with Opera.
Even so, i'd prefer to get there sooner on the motorway and use more fuel, than get stuck in stop start traffic.

I use Opera for most and Fennec for websites that don't work on Opera.