Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Let me get this straight. Is this going to be gerbick's first Jolla? So all this time he was praising how fantastic and completely flawless it was, he did not actually know what he was talking about?
Reminds me of someone else, ja..something??

Anyway nice to know he wants to climb aboard the lifeboat

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
I used my Jolla while travelling in the US (Boston area) this summer.
I roamed via AT&T. Telephony is 2G only, with very bad voice quality, and I even had problems with age-old SMS. But that is probably due to AT&T. But at least it works. For all non-voice use cases use WiFi.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
I used my Jolla while travelling in the US (Boston area) this summer.
I roamed via AT&T. Telephony is 2G only, with very bad voice quality, and I even had problems with age-old SMS. But that is probably due to AT&T. But at least it works. For all non-voice use cases use WiFi.
Yes only 2G in USA. I used it as my primary phone since it came out. I had wifi at home and work.

My most important features that I need were Phone (with conf. calls), SMS, MMS, Email, Whatsapp, Navigation and rare occasional searching for something online. I never watch videos on the phone.

Phone and Email works great and had no issues. I had multiple email accounts on it. IMAP push works great, sometimes think it worked better than the coworkers latest Android devices.

Jolla works fine for all of the above on T-Mobile USA. Yes it is pretty slow to search online on 2G, but could find what I am looking for in case of an emergency while on road (since when I am not at work or home or some friends home, most of the time I would be driving so could not use the phone anyway).

While I was driving, I used Waze for navigation all the time and it worked great. No issues.

Of course I wished it had LTE support, but I loved it still.

Now I use Nexus 5. Instead of Waze, I use Poor Maps. I like the bigger screen, but other than that the use case is pretty much same. Browsing is a lot more usable if I need it on the road.

I am still not ready to give it up otherwise I would offer it to gerbick

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Reminds me of someone else, ja..something??

Anyway nice to know he wants to climb aboard the lifeboat
People is experts in this forum without even have a clue what they are talking about

Why else do you think I'm here.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Let me get this straight. Is this going to be gerbick's first Jolla? So all this time he was praising how fantastic and completely flawless it was, he did not actually know what he was talking about?
So... are you being intentionally daft or just want to continue down a path of stating outrageous assumptions?

Now, let's knock down some downright silly assumptions.

No. This is not my first exposure to a Jolla device. The fact that I'm trying to source a Jolla Phone has absolutely nothing to do with my experience. It has more to do with the fact that in a few weeks/months I might not have the opportunity to purchase one directly from Jolla.

I have never said that this was "completely flawless" either. No mobile OS user experience from my personal and professional standpoint is "completely flawless".

Any other words of "wisdom" you wish to continue to state or are we just stating completely, utter drivel as comments here at TMO from hereon?

Quite possibly the most shortsighted inquiry/statement I've read here at TMO in quite a long time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
People is experts in this forum without even have a clue what they are talking about
Tell me about it.

Why else do you think I'm here.
We figured that out long ago.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Tell me about it.

We figured that out long ago.
Gerbick. Just admit that we that owns a jPhones are superior beings and You want to join the club.

No point to argue with us. We already know atleast 5 times more about everything than you ever will.

Join the club fast Gerbick so you know what we know when we know it. Mkey.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Yes only 2G in USA.....
To be honest, it's just to add it to my collection that included the 770, N800, N810, N900 and N9. I even have shelf space waiting for it.

I am still not ready to give it up otherwise I would offer it to gerbick
It's appreciated. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Gerbick. Just admit that we that owns a jPhones are superior beings and You want to join the club.
This is exactly it. Damn. I'm caught.

Join the club fast Gerbick so you know what we know when we know it. Mkey.

Slightly back on topic, I actually gave one away last week. If for any reason they can't handle the awesomeness of the jphone, I will let you know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post: