Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The Nokia Lumia 800, aka Sea Ray, doesn't seem to be setting the world ablaze.

The Nokia Lumia has been benchmarked and lets all hope that the numbers are not representative of performance. TNW got their source to benchmark the upcoming device and initial results show it to be behind the pack in most areas.

The benchmarks show that the Lumia 800 falls flat when compared to outsiders like the Samsung GS II or even the aged iPhone 3GS, but it does remain close in performance to that of the HTC Titan. It should be heavily noted that the source of the benchmarks does say the device feels ‘slick and smooth’ and ‘not laggy’. We all know that raw performance stats are not the entire picture but you would think that this device would be competitive to the iPhone 3GS.
Seriously? Also no forward facing camera like the N9, despite having the same body. Read more here...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The Nokia Lumia 800, aka Sea Ray, doesn't seem to be setting the world ablaze.

Seriously? Also no forward facing camera like the N9, despite having the same body. Read more here...
is this confirmed device if so thats good let elop fail muhahaha

Isn't the WP7 device "chassis spec" set in stone by MS anyway? Ie, apart from cosmetic differences they should all perform the same.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Isn't the WP7 device "chassis spec" set in stone by MS anyway? Ie, apart from cosmetic differences they should all perform the same.
This is true. But you'd think that they'd throw better hardware or go up dual core to avoid same comparisons with other WP7 phones already out.

Nope.

This is true. But you'd think that they'd throw better hardware or go up dual core to avoid same comparisons with other WP7 phones already out.
The point is, I don't think they are allowed to deviate from the official spec. The joys of outsourcing the OS I guess.

Anyway, after reading the article (and parent) in more detail: the bad performance isn't due to the hardware after all, it's really about IE vs webkit. The CPU itself isn't bad. Not that we care of course ;-)

Originally Posted by lma View Post
The point is, I don't think they are allowed to deviate from the official spec. The joys of outsourcing the OS I guess.

Anyway, after reading the article (and parent) in more detail: the bad performance isn't due to the hardware after all, it's really about IE vs webkit. The CPU itself isn't bad. Not that we care of course
I got what you were saying. But there's a second generation of devices coming... different configurations and yet... they're not coming out initially.

I'm surprised by that.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
But you'd think that they'd throw better hardware or go up dual core to avoid same comparisons with other WP7 phones already out.

Nope.
No dual core support in WP7 at the moment. Even with single cores the CPU support is narrow.

I guess they will try to justify Nokia tax with megapixels.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I guess they will try to justify Nokia tax with megapixels.
Oh, and it will be the first WP device that isn't disgustingly ugly.

I'd buy one of those over any other device on the market... Except the n9

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Seems to be roughly what the market expected. Share price hovering slightly above/below yesterdays price. -0,5% at the moment.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
16 GB mass memory (no slot for micro-SD cards)

512 MB SDRAM

BV-5JW 3.7V 1450mAh

thats a downgrade as far as i am concerned from the N9.

PRETTY POOR REALLY.

I THINK PRICE QUOTED FROM ELOP WAS 420 EUROS BEFORE TAXES ETC?

Tags
lumia 800, performance, windows phone