Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Despite the somewhat delusional ranting that WP7 is growing, the graphs over at WPCentral.com seem to show how poorly WP7 is really doing.

Take a look for yourself

I don't think you need to convince anyone around here of that except a few whose intellectual contribution is equivalent to...oh well, i couldn't think of a funny metaphor...nevermind, nothing to see here.

Just had a look at sales numbers at digitec.ch. Sales for the N9 64GB model are higher than those of any wp7 phone. The HTC Titan is close behind though. Good luck nokia with competing with samsung and htc for wp7 sales.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Between 2010 Q2 and 2011 Q2 Microsoft's marketshare in sales of new smartphones went from 4,9% to 1,6%. (According to Gartner)

That's a drop to one third during the period of Windows Mobile to WP7 transition. Pretty catastropic considering how bad WM was and how WP7 was supposed to save MS. Of course, there are few people who think that sticking a Nokia logo on WP7 phone is somehow going to turn water into wine.

WP7 is a really good OS ... for the technologically challenged.
I still think iOS is the most intuitive and polished.
Android has the most features.
Whereas Maemo/MeeGo is the most powerful (software potential).

I want to see the Android kernel with support for C++ and Qt on some high end device (Nexus Prime?) and with a better user interface like WebOS or MIUI.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Windows 8 will be interesting.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Despite the somewhat delusional ranting that WP7 is growing, the graphs over at WPCentral.com seem to show how poorly WP7 is really doing.

Take a look for yourself
I don't see Windows Phone at all?
If you read carefully, 0,27% = Windows Mobile.
And Windows Mobile =! Windows Phone

So, I think the Windows Phone belongs in the "Other" section. (Which mean's it's even lower then those 0,25% )

Edit:
Ugh, I should have scrolled down a bit more to see that WP7 is indeed 0,25%

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-10-09 at 17:24.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Edit:
Ugh, I should have scrolled down a bit more to see that WP7 is indeed 0,25%
At the end of year since Nokia now supporting WP7, the share will increase when Nokia releases the phone. Since N9 will be the only phone with Meego from Nokia, the share number will be static. But WP7 will ibe increasing.

This is a fact that cant be denied .

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
At the end of year since Nokia now supporting WP7, the share will increase when Nokia releases the phone. Since N9 will be the only phone with Meego from Nokia, the share number will be static. But WP7 will ibe increasing.

This is a fact that cant be denied
I have my doubts that the share percentage will be raising anytime soon.

Microsoft just had debut Mango, a "major" update and it was pushed aside by the other mobile news. And I own a WP7 device, but I can honestly say that my attention has been pulled in different directions than just WP7.

They're having a hard time selling WP7 to anybody. I fear that Nokia signed on to become a minority player on an OS that does not sell anywhere in decent numbers.

Only Bada has a lesser share - well, perhaps Maemo.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The demise of Nokia will probably be a future MBA case study. First thesis will be titled 'Nokia: From Burning Platform To Sinking Ship'.

My website

GitHub