Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
After watching Stskeeps say his goodbyes... I thought it was time for me to say my goodbye.

Do I expect a proper farewell? No. But if anything, I'm doing something I anticipated I never expected to do... say that I'm leaving a forum.

Thanks for the 770, N810, all of the Maemo information, the N900. And all of the patience it required to handle a polarizing person like myself.

Thanks for the information, the lessons... and ultimately the friendships, debates and understanding that on some days, I was going to take the devil's advocate stance just to see where you were coming from.

Good news... I've been a Maemo fan since day one. It provided me with the equal amounts of wow + geekgasm that I needed. And I'll invariably be a Maemo fan until it truly dies. Thanks to this community for perhaps being one of the absolute best... ever.

The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Aww, maan.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
so which platform / device are you moving to?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Am I the only one getting this feeling like you're in a party and the people that you've been chatting with are all quietly disappearing somewhere, and you realize this only after the next day when all those people are talking about how awesome time they were having in the party, the party to which you didn't get the invite?

ok, so it's just me then...

sad to see you leave mate, farewell. your views, insights and opinions will be missed.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'll miss you, and remember your cool avatar.

BTW, why anyone needs to announce here of departure anyway? It doesn't seem to me it's a company or anything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
It's a really bad sensation, yes. The party is over and friends get flocking away, and you know you won't hear them any more.
Gerbick, bye, I hope it's going as good as can be for you.
Guess we'll be able to stay here 'till Reggie gets fed up too.

Btw I am writing this from an android tablet, and this might be another sign of impending doom :/

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
yes this happens when people don't have any reason to stay on the forum, Nokia f****d up everthin' so many are now moving to another phones, so simple is that. How hard is it for nokia to release a successor, a new phone which would replace our beloved n900..?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leon4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Gerbick, best of luck with it all mate. your one of the few people who i make sure i read the posts of. your views are usually well articulated and make us think about what we otherwise would take as facts.

I find this forum a place i can escape to after a rough day at work/home. so im hoping your departure isnt the end of greatness here. all us new fans of maemo need somewhere to be and this place just happens to be it.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, I don't remember that you even have an N900. You are leaving at the absolute flourishing of the device -- I doubt that you particularly realize that. I think of you as one of the people who is more interested in being a good debater than in one who is seeking the truth, which is not my favorite sort. But I'm sure you will have fun whatever you do; enjoy it.

I think that announcing one's departure is wrongly conceived. To announce such a thing is to try to turn the world into an either/or world, which it isn't. You could start dropping in every five months, or whatever. Why try to imprison your future self? Let who you become make the decisions. No, the person who announces his departure is pretending to be very meticulous and logical -- I decide THIS. But the world is not such a hard and fast place. People shouldn't try to pretend otherwise.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:

Tags
dropout kebab, fun with tags, good luck, in-n-out, look at me!, revolving door, temporary, the balance, thx 4 the fish