Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You'll more than likely not care, but I had to post this. Luckily enough, I sold my rarely used - it was a phone that I used on business travel due to how many devices I didn't have to carry with me when I carried the N900 along - Nokia N900 for more than I paid for it.

Had a guy that, like many here, purchased the N900, loved it, knew that it was a "dying breed" and wanted a backup.

Regardless... it was a short, but fun ride for me in Maemo 5-land. Awesome community, I'm still a Maemo fan - loved Diablo the most since I had spent more time there.

Flame away, harsh tag away, apathy away... just don't disappoint me

i hope to see you around here anyway!
what are you using now? android?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That's a shame dude. You will definitely be missed here...

Btw, what's a good Android forum?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I'm over at xda-developers.

Oh... I'll still be around here. Best place to read about what MeeGo will/will not offer. Just won't chime in about the N900 as much.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
See you around

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
i don't know why anyone would sell an n900
(money, yes, but i'd rather keep mine)

I'm guessing your Samsung Captivate is on contract, does it live up to your expectations?
Or will you really regret the purchase when the Motorola Atrix comes out in ~1 or 1.5months?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, when you feel it's time to move on, nothing wrong with that. You didn't troll, which is a pleasant refreshing change from the norm.

Congrats on reselling it at a higher value than you got it at.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
How do you feel with Android, Gerbick? (I am not trolling, the question is genuine). I've used a lot my wife's Galaxy Tab but couldn't get accustomed to a feeling of: "now what?". I mean, there are a lot of shining apps and you could wander in the market for weeks; but I'm feeling like I were fiddling with a tv: I can change channel, turn volume and brightness up and down, look at it, but no more.

Did you get your kicks from xda-developers? Is there something like a guide to empower the android user? I am asking because I have been tempted by large display android devices like the Desire HD and the Nexus 2, especially in times I get too frustrated by the too tiny display of the n900, but haven't found the sweet spot to tease my interest yet with those.

Kangal, the phone is on contract; however where I live, AT&T offers the best phone service.

debernadis... I find Android equally fun as it is lacking something that iOS and Maemo have in terms of usability. Yet, I'm liking Android more and more per day. The amount of apps allow for an overlap that does not occur with Maemo (read: I have choices and do not have to develop or wait for a good solution) and some are genuinely good and extend my usage of my phone towards smartphone territory.

XDA caters to my tinkering side. From tweaks to custom firmware to app recommendations to downright doing whatever I wish. In fact, been using the terminal to ssh into my servers, deploy projects, edited my vhosts.conf files before answering this thread from my phone while outside watching the dog play.

At first, I were like you. It felt like a limited experience... much akin to your tv analogy. Now, I actually use the phone. It's been helpful away from my desk. I don't program in Java, so I'll not develop for it directly - will invariably do the Adobe AIR path because it makes the most sense to me - but my experience so far is more positive and useful in a wider range than both iOS and Maemo 5.

I'm beyond having an OS that I can brag about how open it is... that doesn't equate to I'm open to do everything I want, not all of the time. I'm looking for the most efficient way to get done what I need the most. And as of today, that's Android. I have no clue what tomorrow will bring.

Tags
quitter!