If Nokia has it working at demo level, why not just hand over the source code to the forum to test / fix it, I'm pretty sure people on here would if we had the tools to work with.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
So glad this device isn't a glorified java or flash engine. Yeah flash supports nice ... but flash isn't most of the net or media for that matter. Live with it people [so many QQ posts about flash]

As to Nokia, there after money first, brand loyalty second ... like all major brands. Apple, HTC etc aren't really concerned deeply about what you want just what they can get by putting in a device for you to upgrade. Same with the carriers. JMO.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by zarf View Post
If Nokia has it working at demo level, why not just hand over the source code to the forum to test / fix it...
Adobe just might prohibit distributing the Flash Player source code in the licensing terms.

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
The current 9.4 flash is hardware accelerated. I hope we see a major improvement because the current hardware acceleration isnt doing a great job considering the potential of the SGX processor.

Man how do you get the "Adobe Flash Player Settings" on your N900? I don't seem to be able to get it... it's driving me nuts

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
You can get to the flash settings in much the same way you do on any other platform. Visit any site that has a flash element, poke your finger at it and hold it there for a few seconds, a menu will pop up with a bunch of entries, click on 'settings' and away you go.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
:/ that does not work for me on MicroB and Firefox

It is unlikely that's possible to access the settings other than when it's running because it's closed source. All the same, you should try this:
  • Go to bbc iPlayer site and search for "Today".
  • Press the top item in the search results - should be most recent edition of the Today Programme (bbc speach-only radio breakfast prgramme). NB. I suggest radio not TV because iplayer TV is UK only. Both use flash.
  • Once page has loaded, before pressing the Play button, gently press and hold the stylus somewhere in the middle of the picture in the middle of the screen.
>> A small dialog box will appear with 3 clickable lines: the top line will be the iPlayer player version number, the middle is called "settings" and the bottom is a link to the adobe website.

Unfortunately, I can't do Ctrl+Shift+P to get a screenshot so unless someone has a camera to hand to take a photo of what Imm talking about - you'll just have to believe me. Below is the settings dialogue.
Although this is a modified flash player, I'm pretty sure the settings persist for whatever you're listening to/watching.

It might be that the site hosting your desired video clip has disabled access to the settings dialogue box - I don't know if this is possible though.

@c0rwyn: Why do you want to change the settings?

@Everyone While we're on the subject, I can't find much information about the N900 version of flash player.
- Does altering the cache size really make a difference; if so, in what circumstances is this noticeable. I can stream up to 400kbs mp4 h.264 (v & a combined) fine but any more (e.g. ~500kbps combined) and there are massive video-frame drops.
Attached Images