Active Topics

Do we have one?
I know there's MP3 tag editor in Openrepos/Storeman but that one has been abandoned. Tried a few Android apps but they just don't seem to work. They give "ID3 tag edit successful" or similar messages but when you go back to the folder nothing has changed.
Thankees

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
If you use any Android-app, you should move files to android storage for success.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@nieldk, how uncanny! My post was almost 100% identical to yours, until I looked better at the OP and deleted it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
OK. First off. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Much appreciated.
So far this is what I've found.
The Android side of things - I've had partial success with that. The initial problem there was we are running Android 4 (Kit-Kat). If I'm not mistaken that was the one that Google disabled writing to SDCards? The Android apps are picking that up and one of them actually displays that message when I try to save the tags.

So copy the tracks to the Android Music folder, but then the album art gets lost somewhere. Maybe have to get some album art and copy the images to the right location in the Android folder.

Tried Flowplayer but that doesn't seem to want to play the tracks, despite a re-install.
Mp3 Tag Editor from Openrepos has now decided to start working and has found the tracks, but when I edit the tags I end up with multiple copies of the tracks and it also loses some of the tracks, so I'm left with - 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 11. Tracks 3, 7 and 8 are not there.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
I had been using Aqualung, it was running in Debian. It worked fairly well.

Also, sometimes, if the ID3 tag is at the file's very beginning, then you can edit it from the command line, like any text. It's a bit rediculious, and rarely worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradvesp For This Useful Post: