Active Topics

Notices

P.S. I've also checked the MP4 videos from your second post.

The videos encoded with "Mainconcept" and "free H.264" codecs play PERFECTLY in both the built-in player and MPlayer.

The Quicktime H.264 video shows "unsupported format" in the built-in player and crashes the Mplayer (the same way as the MPEG-2 video).

Best regards,
Michal Jerz
My-Symbian.com
My-Maemo.com (coming soon)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to My-Symbian.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by My-Symbian.com View Post
claesbas,

I tried your videos on my N900. As others wrote, the built-in Media player only played DivX and XviD, while attempts to play other file formats resulted in a message about "unsupported file format".

However, I also installed MPlayer (and KMPlayer as a GUI/frontend for it) and checked your videos with it. Mplayer played back *ALL* your videos except for MPEG-2 (which loaded but instantly crashed the player). The Flash video seemed to play just a little bit slower than other formats (it was not "frame dropping" but kind of very slight "slow motion") but all other formats played just fine, at the highest bitrate you made available.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Michal Jerz
My-Symbian.com
My-Maemo.com (coming soon)
Now that is good news! Thank you for testing!

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
WMV and Flash are resource hogs, but the tests kind of bring down to earth all of the "The N900 plays everything I threw at it" talk. "Everything" is a relative term, but it still blows away the competition of only MP4 or WMV.
As long as it plays divx, xvid, MP4, wmv (perhaps mkv) and mpeg in standard def I will be happy . Only so much to notice with a 3.5" display anyways.

No to mention software improvements down the road

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-10-30 at 14:11.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Hmm its weird if mplayer plays everything fine now, i have not uploaded new version of mplayer.... Maybe improvements come from newer OS version

Tags
codec test video playback