Notices

So I tried to follow those instructions. I wasn't sure the Pebble was paired properly because of the output of hcitool, so I re-paired it. But I couldn't stop the rockpool service because you can't access the settings menu if there are no Pebbles. I kill -9'd the rockpool process, but it started right back up. I went back to rockpool, and suddenly it's working! Didn't get as far as removing the saved configurations, and I'm not entirely sure what fixed it, but it seems to be working now.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
ok, perhaps rockpoold service starts (or may start) prior to bluetoothd on this phone which somehow afects ability of the bt stack to initialize properly. Although service definition explicitly sets dependency on bluetooth service and orders start sequence post it. It could be though when bluetoothd service starts adapter is not yet visible (not initialized by adaptation layer).
If the assumption is correct that means that after reboot you could stumble again upon the same problem and would need to restart the service once the phone is properly booted.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Someone has this problem with a Nexus 5 already. The problem is that the BT is not enabled on boot, and on Sailfish this means the adaptor is not present so Rockpool cannot listen for it to be enabled. It can be replicated on the Jolla1 by rebooting with BT switched off. I added a 'Restart Service' to that first screen as a temp measure, but that was after 0.11-1 release.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yep, I can replicate that on OnePlus X too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
yes, according to preliminary investigation the affected part is platform integration layer which is not bound to pebble connection. It is a glue between jolla's voicecall-ui/voicecall-manager which presumably causes the crash. I've just upgraded my os to 2.0.2.14 - will see if I experience same symptoms.
Hi guys,

This is quite serious problem, since it makes Rockpool unusable with Jolla C. In Jolla 1 it wasn't that bad, because the symptom was, that end of call made Pebble (kind of) boot itself, whereas Jolla C gets stuck.

Is there a fix planned/on it's way ? Is it worth to install Rockpool beta ?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Actually yes - the Pebble freeze/reboot problem has been fixed in latest betas, but I'm not sure this is the same problem as the one on Jolla C.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
So far the only difference i see on new release is that phone wakes up (and lights up the display) each time wifi reconnects. Don't think it would have positive impact on battery life.
Calls are going in and out same way as before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
Is there a fix planned/on it's way ? Is it worth to install Rockpool beta ?
Apparently it is worth to install, even if for the sake of the test. Because we're getting mixed results which is - we're unable to reproduce the mentioned issue, even though we're getting quite consistent number of reports which means it cannot be mere coincidence and/or instance-specific issue.
Also similarly we're getting reports for both - mainline and beta releases, so it seems to be unrelated to latest fix for the daemon crash+pebble reboot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
I think I've found another thing that was causing my Pebble to have trouble. I have my Nexus 5 set up with MultiROM, and if I boot into Android it seems to overwrite the phone's pairing, and after rebooting into Sailfish the only fix seems to be to unpair and repair it a few times. (I suppose because the phone has the same Bluetooth address across OSes or something?)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
How do I setup the CloudPebble connection? Simply enabling it doesn't do the trick. I reckon I need to link the pebble to my account somehow, or make my account details known to rockpool. But how?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch