Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
You might also want to check the nm-applet .desktop file and make sure there isn't a line that references only showing in Gnome- sorry, don't remember the exact syntax, but it's something like ONLYSHOWIN=GNOME.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
You might also want to check the nm-applet .desktop file and make sure there isn't a line that references only showing in Gnome- sorry, don't remember the exact syntax, but it's something like ONLYSHOWIN=GNOME.
Hi there,
sorry took a while to check, I, ve been busy the last days...

So I checked the file and it shows OnlyShowIn: Gnome;

I#ve commented it out with a #... so lets see what happens......

Regards,
Glasswalker

OK, good luck. I know that'll stop it from showing in non-Gnome environments, but there may be some other configuration steps you need or something. Check back in if it still gives you trouble.

Hi,

commenting it out did not change anything...
in /usr/share/applications I've found the Networkmanager, started it and guess what? It starts but showing/doing absolutely nothing...
Oh well back to the roots using config-file each time a new network is needed *grin*

anybody got this up and running?

I am sure this is somewhere in here but I can't find it. Installation went good. No errors, etc.

I created my one .item file in /etc/bootmenu.d and selected that on bootup, but it says failed to boot.

Here is the .item file:

ITEM_NAME="Deblet"
ITEM_ID="deblet"
ITEM_DEVICE="mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext3"
ITEM_FSOPTIONS="noatime,ro"

I have an external 1 gig card with a single ext3 partition on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
I am sure this is somewhere in here but I can't find it. Installation went good. No errors, etc.

I created my one .item file in /etc/bootmenu.d and selected that on bootup, but it says failed to boot.
You shouldn't have to write your own .item for Deblet, the installer ought to do that for you. Anyway, replace mmcblk1 with ${EXT_CARD} and add ITEM_LINUXRC="linuxrc" and run refresh_bootmenu.d and you might have better results.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Hi,
commenting it out did not change anything...
You may need to add your user to the netdev group, I think I may have had to do that at some point...
An easy way to check is to log in as root and see if nm-applet works.
Also, if your /etc/network/interfaces has wlan0 set up I think it won't work- it needs to just have the 'auto' line, no actual settings. You may also need to have the usb0 line commented out in there.
I'll look around at it this evening, I'm a bit foggy on the details (I'm really more cli oriented, so I haven't bothered fixing the applet on my new install yet)-but I know I had it working at one point.
Best of luck.

Has anyone successfully booted from an IMG? I for the life of me still cannot get it to work (original problem here)

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Various updates to Deblet, which you can get by just apt-get update'ing and apt-get dist-upgrade.

* New Deblet rescue menu as seen on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24f2YjzWBE

Reboot and Serial option does not work yet. If you want USBnet to work, you need to rm /etc/rcS.d/S02usbnet-emergency-telnetd before upgrading because of update-rc.d stupditity. Console boot is -only- activated when selected in rescue menu (or in usbnet or serial). That means if you have a barebones system, it's truely barebones now, with no fbconsole and splash. Edit /etc/init.d/console-fb if this doesn't satisfy you.

The way to activate the rescue menu is as soon as you select and enter the boot menu item, hold down your home key. It'll appear soon enough.

* nit-env-lxde no longer drags in xscreensaver, which should really help on the whole CPU usage thing.

Work on the way:

* Network-Manager based wifi powersave, for instance, noticing when a connection is actually there - since there's problems doing power saving changes when trying to connect.

* Work into porting ubuntu mobile packages / hildon ubuntu versions

* "No swap" in installer currently asks you for swap partition anyway..

* A notice in installer that states which mmc number it thinks is internal, and external

* Installation logs, so you all can show me the whole installation phase and I can point out what went wrong

* Looking into http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...s/2888/two.jpg WM/theme.

* 770 port installer (I swear, is this port cursed? burnt out 770 and corrupted SD?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-10-11 at 23:38. Reason: Sound should be fixed now. Forgot to include tablet-sound as dependancy. woops.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

so, just reinstalled completely. And wow!!!!! I've got working networkmanager, wireless working out of the box. Bluetooth (how to turn off when not needed?) runs fine. Synaptic running without console and getting root. I'm really impressed about the development. Big thumps up from the user-side of deblet.

There's one question left ATM: how to change the Time? Over here in Germany the clock is always 2 hours late... using the applet I can only change the date.... Or am I just blind???

Regards,
Glasswalker

The Following User Says Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer