Notices

Well I'm aware of this however i have no idea how to approach this because I don't have access to dev image.

Yes we'll have to migrate away from the old embedded browser control to the new Silica WebView, but that's not available until 2.0.5 is released. Everyone should be aware that the RockPool UI will stop working on 2.0.5 early release until we fix it. The daemon will keep working fine, however.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
New version up with a weather implementation that we're allowed to use.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Looks like a rebuild in the 2.0.5 sdk is enough to fix the launching problems. We don't need to switch over to Silica Webview yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I just tried to upgrade and got a failed dependency error - nothing provides libdbus-1.so.3(LIBDBUS_1_3).

Is it something from the newer sailfish version? I'm running 2.0.2.51

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I just tried to upgrade and got a failed dependency error - nothing provides libdbus-1.so.3(LIBDBUS_1_3).

Is it something from the newer sailfish version? I'm running 2.0.2.51
I built the new package under the 2.0.4 SDK, so we must have some breakage there! There have been quite a few core package upgrades lately. Can you update?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I built the new package under the 2.0.4 SDK, so we must have some breakage there! There have been quite a few core package upgrades lately. Can you update?
Yeah, I'm using Fairphone 2 so the GUI method of updating / prompting to update doesn't work yet. I updated SFOS manually and everything installed fine!

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by piggz View Post
Just a heads up (although you probably know already) in the latest sfos release from a week or so ago (2.0.5.2) qtmozembed appears to be binary incompatible as the rock pool GUI fails to open with a missing symbol.
I've put a new build up - 1.3-2 - built with the 2.0.5 target. It's the same as 1.3-1, but will run on the new release. I think I required sailfish-version >= 2.0.5 in the spec, so it shouldn't install on 2.0.4, but I'm not 100% sure...

Don't install that build unless you're on 2.0.5.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Does this mean that future versions of Rockpool will not be compatible with devices running earlier OSs? I finally got a OnePlus X, where the Bluetooth works properly (unlike on the nexus 5), and it's nice to have the pebble play nice with the phone - but the latest SFOS build for it so far is 2.0.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm also using OnePlus X and always upgrade to the latest version through the terminal. No problems so far.

(Except the LPM freezing bug, but it affects all devices and is not actually an LPM bug )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch