Notices

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I guess you still need to "killall qalendar" after upgrading, if you use the --background method.
TBH I have gotten into the habit of rebooting if I update Qalendar.
No issues to report here on non-thumb BTW
Re-edit --background into the relevant file. New Xterm and:

Code:
~ $ root
Nokia-N900:~# killall qalendar
killall: qalendar: no process killed
Try to launch from Desktop Calendar widget - qalendar closes ere even a second has passed.

CSSU Version 21.2011.38-1Tmsemo9.1+thumb0
Kernel 2.6.28.10-power52

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
How to add indian holidays to calander ? Maybe it will be good if has holidays by default

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
How to add indian holidays to calander ? Maybe it will be good if has holidays by default
Read the first wikipage linked to in my sig; the mozilla page linked to therein has Indian holidays. If the download dialogue doesn't give you the option of opening with calendar (which still doesn't seem to happen with qalendar for me), save the file, then open it from File Manager, and follow the remaining wiki instructions.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
When I try to launch the latest thumb version frim the stock calendar icon or from a widget it starts up and closes in less than a second. Using the Qalendar icon, it stays running, If I remove --background from the dbus call file, it works as expected but this reintroduces the unable to load ics file issue discussed upthread. With the --backgound switch reintroduced, tapping an ics file in the file manager opens the select calendar dialogue, but this too shuts before you can do anything with it.
You may be able to get some output from Qalendar by killing the instance in the background and quickly starting a new one from the terminal, before D-Bus beats you to it (but from your other post it looks like Qalendar was crashing too much and it already gave up).
Code:
killall qalendar; qalendar --background
My guess is that it has something to do with birthday calendar. Do you have one, and if so, can you delete it?

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I guess you still need to "killall qalendar" after upgrading, if you use the --background method.
TBH I have gotten into the habit of rebooting if I update Qalendar.
No issues to report here on non-thumb BTW
Upgrade from 0.7.1 was the last one which required manual restart. Since then automatic restart should occur immediately after upgrading or after closing Qalendar window if it is open.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post

My guess is that it has something to do with birthday calendar. Do you have one, and if so, can you delete it?
Yes and yes. Qalendar starts fine from stock calendar icon. Restore backed up birthday calendar, problems resume.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Restore backed up birthday calendar, problems resume.
What happens if you create a fresh birthday calendar using Qalendar instead of restoring the old one?

I have reviewed the code for managing birthdays, but I still have no idea what is causing the crash. In order to attemp fixing it, I am going to need at least one of theese:
  • A way to reproduce the crash. You would have to investigate on your own to pin down the entry in the address book responsible for it (assuming that one contact or a certain group of contacts is causing this; there may be other possible scenarios). Or, if you do not mind sending me your whole calendar, I could try your "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" on my phone (but that has a chance to be useful only if Qalendar crashes exclusively on the calendar created by the stock application).
  • A backtrace. If you do not know how to get one, this post has some hints: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=97.
  • Output from the attached version of Qalendar started in background mode (see my previous post) and a few other versions that I am going to post after receiving the output from you.

The first option would be the best, but other may also suffice,
Attached Files
File Type: zip qalendar-debug1.zip (215.5 KB, 77 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
gidzzz, thank you very much, it works. Can I ask about feature request?

Can you remove set time of tasks, or add feature to don't set time of task?
Please don't broken sync with sync evolution, if you add this feature in new release.

Last edited by sHaggY_caT; 2014-05-01 at 07:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to sHaggY_caT For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
What happens if you create a fresh birthday calendar using Qalendar instead of restoring the old one?
I opened Qalendar using it's own icon and deleted the B'day calendar. Closed it and reopened using the Calendar icon, which has the qalendar --background switch enabled. Created a new birthday calendar, and Qalendar crashed immediately Reopened Qalendar using its own icon and couldn't see any b'day entries. Went into settings-edit calendars and saw the new b'day calendar had no entries. Deleted it and tried re-creating; still no entries.

I have reviewed the code for managing birthdays, but I still have no idea what is causing the crash. In order to attemp fixing it, I am going to need at least one of theese:
  • A way to reproduce the crash. You would have to investigate on your own to pin down the entry in the address book responsible for it (assuming that one contact or a certain group of contacts is causing this; there may be other possible scenarios). Or, if you do not mind sending me your whole calendar, I could try your "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" on my phone (but that has a chance to be useful only if Qalendar crashes exclusively on the calendar created by the stock application).
  • A backtrace. If you do not know how to get one, this post has some hints: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=97.
  • Output from the attached version of Qalendar started in background mode (see my previous post) and a few other versions that I am going to post after receiving the output from you.

The first option would be the best, but other may also suffice,
Unless I'm being daft, PMs don't allow files to be attached. PM me your email address and I'll send you the calendardb.

Last edited by TomJ; 2014-05-01 at 15:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sHaggY_caT View Post
Can you remove set time of tasks, or add feature to don't set time of task?
Please don't broken sync with sync evolution, if you add this feature in new release.
It has been discussed a bit in this thread before. The backend does not support tasks with undefined date, so the closest you can get is to set it to year 2038. It would be possible to display such tasks in Qalendar in a special way, but this is nonstandard and other applications may interpret it differently.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the calendardb.
Considering that Qalendar crashes regardless of which application initializes the birthday calendar, I do not think this file will allow me to easily reproduce the crash, but there still may be some hints hidden in birthday events created by the stock calendar. I sent you my address.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
TomJ, I went through your birthdays, but there was nothing out of ordinary. I even added over 150 contacts to my address book to check if it has anything to do with numbers, but Qalendar did not crash, so I still do not have enough info to fix that bug.

I was hoping to quickly track that bug down and release a fix + updated translations, but under these circumstances I decided to not wait and release Qalendar 0.9.1 now (just uploaded it to the autobuilder), which is only about translations.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar, fremantle