Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
@coderus
The original idea was that we needed a reminder to unapply patches and Schturman gave it to us. You took that patch to the next level and automated everything, which is great. I really love your work but this time you kind of took the control away from me. No offence, but I really would like it back.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
After updating, during which th patches were nicely unapplied thanks to the automatic unapply on update option, it seems that unapply option gets disabled. I guess it's better to keep it activated, to avoid confusion or botched updates later on.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
After updating, during which th patches were nicely unapplied thanks to the automatic unapply on update option, it seems that unapply option gets disabled. I guess it's better to keep it activated, to avoid confusion or botched updates later on.
can you explain in details please? i can understand almost nothing

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
can you explain in details please? i can understand almost nothing
The option "Unapply all patches on Upgrade" seems to get disabled on upgrade. I had to re-enable it after the upgrade.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The option "Unapply all patches on Upgrade" seems to get disabled on upgrade. I had to re-enable it after the upgrade.
This is normal.....

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Every patches are disabling, even good ones

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Added new patch: Extended volume control.
Allow you to control separately ringer volume and media. And do it with your finger

https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...volume-control

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Very cool coderus! I like it
It would even be better, if you could add a little beep sound after every volume change, so one knows how loud it is - just like the good old N9 did

Gesendet von meinem Jolla C mit Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by eson View Post
@coderus
The original idea was that we needed a reminder to unapply patches and Schturman gave it to us. You took that patch to the next level and automated everything, which is great. I really love your work but this time you kind of took the control away from me. No offence, but I really would like it back.
As far as I see my patch "Unapply all patches" are not conflict with latest patch manager and also can be used if you want manual unapply of all of them...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
As far as I see my patch "Unapply all patches" are not conflict with latest patch manager and also can be used if you want manual unapply of all of them...
Thanks, but I think coderus did a great job and I'm very happy with the patch manager patch. I just wanted a notification or anything to show that patches really is unapplyed. I know of course that the effect is mostly psychological, but it would feel better.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os