Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Got high hopes for today!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Got high hopes for today!!!
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate
Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact we are GDPR compliant. The announcement is still draft and not published but as we reviewed our policies there was nothing that we'd need to change

And the law itself does not mandate for us to advertice compliance, just be complient. This is a mistake so many companies are making, spamming their users with messages about GDPR...

As for the point you raised; the account removal does not cause removal of quoted or referred postings but that is also OK by GDPR; The article 17 "right of erasure" has restriction clause in article 23 (i) which states that it can be mitigated if it is necessary for "the protection of the data subject or the rights and freedoms of others"

Hence protecting the freedom of speech of other users has priority here.

Its was just an example. But great answer. So many other laws organisations can hide behind so it will be useless in court. But at least privacy get sime visibility.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact we are GDPR compliant. The announcement is still draft and not published but as we reviewed our policies there was nothing that we'd need to change

And the law itself does not mandate for us to advertice compliance, just be complient. This is a mistake so many companies are making, spamming their users with messages about GDPR...
For small companies with only a handful of employees, I'm sure they're just playing it safe, but for larger companies it's definitely more of a "Hey guys, look at us, we're following the law, how cool is that! By the way, we've already got all of your data and sold it to everyone anyway."

Last year, when intra-EU roaming costs were abolished, I got several messages from my provider saying "As of [date of new legislation], all of our most esteemed customers will enjoy zero roaming costs inside the EU!" and made it look as if it were an exclusive offer for their customers. At least this time around they mentioned that it's actually a new series of laws they have to comply with.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
At least this time around they mentioned that it's actually a new series of laws they have to comply with.
Not everyone. About 2/3 of my GDPR emails did not mention GDPR.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
At least this time around they mentioned that it's actually a new series of laws they have to comply with.
Not everyone. About 2/3 of my GDPR emails did not mention GDPR.
Heh, then it is just a marketing opportunity for them. And a clickbait invite to accept whatever they have written into waivers.

But as it happens, a Law is a Law and must be obeyed, it is pointless to send messages to people and say "hey, see, we are obeying laws here"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Ok, 2.2.0.29 is available now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Mine says "Problem with Store. Could not determine size of update".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Mine says "Problem with Store. Could not determine size of update".
Seems like everyone is getting that message

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x