Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Question: let's say that I set to have e.g. the timeframe 23:00-06:00 (or when in range of my wifi home SSID) to Silent mode, so I come home and the phone switches to silent mode.
What happens if, because I'm waiting for a phone call, I manually exit silent mode?
Does Situations sees that phone is at home and non-silent and force again to silent mode? Or after a condition has triggered once it won't re-trigger the action again until it detects a change of conditions (i.e. until I leave home and return back, in my example) ?
Situations are evaluated normally only when there is a change in conditions observed. So the manual state in your case should remain until 06:00 or when WiFi changes. However, the safest of course would be to temporarily disable automation for that situation (by left swipe).

Br,
Heikki

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I'm really happy with Situations. I've created a Situation, called Night where my phone is switched to plane mode between 23:00 and 8:00.

This works great, except this morning, Situations didn't trigger in normal mode at 8:00. Is there a way to diagnose what happens in order to help a bit?

Last question, I've installed the Situation Auto-Start from OpenRepos, since Situations has been recently updated, is this still necessary?

Thanks.

No, there's unfortunately no good logging / diagnostics implemented at the moment. Did the correct situation trigger when you launched the application? And have you updated the Mobile Data plugin (if installed)? Just wondering if the background process had crashed for some reason...

Pretty strange because, it is 11:20 where I am. The normal situation should be "none" (as it is when everything works), and currently, it is still to "Night". No Mobile Data plugin. The Situation process seems to be alive, at least visible in Lighthouse.

Ok, so it seems like the wake-up timer has just failed for some reason. And if there has been no reason to evaluate the situation after 8:00, it won't change by itself until tomorrow morning. For now you can of course de-activate the situation manually or disable & enable the automation to get it back to correct state.

I need to investigate what could cause the timer to fail and how to make it more robust.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
ok, thanks for the help.

You were right, it was just a "one time" missed event.

Now, I've another, reproducible issue. I've a Music situation which is triggered when the headphones are plugged in. Then, the Media application is supposed to be run.

This has worked well. But since the last update, it doesn't work anymore. When I plug in my headphones, my Music situation is well triggered, but the Media application is not launched.

I did update the Launch action in the last update. Maybe I accidentally broke something there Could you try removing & adding the action again?

Sorry for the inconvenience - I'll try to be more careful with the updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
It would be really nice when I could change the ambience during night to a black one to reduce the screen backlight as much as I can when checking the clock at night.

Is switching the ambience triggered by an app possible on Sailfish? If yes, could you implement this?

Best,
Thomas

I haven't looked at this in depth yet. But so far my understanding is that with a Harbour app it is currently not too well supported use case. At least user generated ambiences seem to be priviledged data.

Calendar, contacts & ambiences are the three biggest areas where I hope Jolla would open up APIs so that applications like Situations could work better. But I guess it's up to the community pressure to make Jolla increase the priority of these...

Last edited by hhaveri; 2015-01-27 at 15:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations